Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > What more can I do?

What more can I do?

Nick

I would say that you are ready. It really is not that
hard of a test. When I took it, I remember thinking
"that was it?"

You should do fine. Best of luck!
--

Nick
A+, Network+, MCP

MaioCampo

Got the 4th edition AIO A+ book by Mr. Meyers... I've studied it through
twice and am on a third go. Taken all the tests inside and do pretty good.
Taken all the tests on the given cd and do pretty good. Gone to several
websites, like, but not exclusively, freecomptia... taken all their tests
and do pretty good.

But I'm still nervous. Heh, heh.

I have built and serviced a few computers over the past few years... but
only have experience with Win 98. No copy of Win 2000 or XP handy to play
with... so I'm basically having to wing it a bit on the OS portion which is
making me nervous.

The reason I'm nervous is that the questions seem to be all the same...
comparing the book with the free practice tests I've taken. Is this
certification really that easy? I'm not getting perfect scores... but for
someone who really hasn't gotten dirty with the innerds of a computer or
operating systems it seems too easy. Just don't want to get ambushed come
test time... Aug 4th.

René Nielsen

Hi...
Don't underestimate the test... For the HW part, do a lot af
troubleshooting, and memorize all about laserprinters... Remember DMA, IRQ's
and most important there will be some graphics on the test. They are of a
poor quality. Memorize the difference (recognize) between AT & ATX mobo's.
For the OS part - which is much more difficult. Memorize the difference
between NT and Win 2K. On the test I wrote monday this week, there was 5 Q's
on NT. Memorize the different boot-modes, and what they do, in ALL Windows
OS's. Practice a lot in different menu's in Win 9x and Win 2K. Memorize the
most important keyboard shortcuts. Finally, know how to connect to network
in Win 2K (protocols and so on), and know your DOS!!!!!
Hope this helps.
Good luck to you when writing the exam.
Regards:
René from Denmark
(A+)

Pikoro

Great post. Some people tend to scorn the test and their advice is
responsible for miserable failures.

news:3f223710$0$32494$(E-Mail Removed) k...