Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Looking for Virus Removal Info

Re: Looking for Virus Removal Info

Wetware

"smackedass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:WfdUa.21318$(E-Mail Removed) thlink.net:

> Hello again,
>
> I am looking for general information on virus removal. Upon my first
> Google and Jeeves searches, I was able to find some information about
> removing specific viruses using propietary virus removal programs.

You can try booting into safe mode (F8 at bootup) and running the
antivirus. Or if the antivirus can fit on a disk an can run in dos you can
try booting from a floppy and running the antivirus that way. If possible
I would back up all my important data, either through CD-R, a network, or
you can install the drive in another computer and back up that way. Then I
would just reinstall the OS. If you have a Ghost image or a Restore Disk
that would be the easiest. If that's not an option and you can't remove
the virus in the infected computer, then you could install the infected
drive on a good computer with antivirus software and have the antivirus
scan the infected drive. I would personally try and go with the
Restore/Reinstall because I love the feel of a new clean system. I don't
know if this is the easiest/best way but it's what I would do.

Good Luck