Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > $16000 for cert

$16000 for cert

Abu

Hi All,
I need your help. Im trying to get a certificate from a training
school(NY) but they offered me $16000 for five
certificates(A+,NET+,Cisco Ccna & Security, and Mcsa ). Is this the
way every body goes? But they also guaranteed 100% for job. Is there
any cheap way that I can do that.

Thanks in advance
David

Ken Briscoe

The thing I'd be careful about is any school that guarantees certification
and/or employment. The school doesn't give certifications. They might give
certificates of completion or diplomas, but they dont give the certs. You
have to take tests from CompTIA, Microsoft, etc for those. I could go to the
school, purposely fail the exam, get my money back from the school, becuase
they guaranteed certification, and then, months later, when all is said and
done, go pass the tests. Basically get a free education. There's some kind
of catch. The same goes, not only for certification, but for employment.
Especially in today's economy. Unless they hire you. Then I can understand
the guarantee. But otherwise, be wary of it.

KB

"Abu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi All,
> I need your help. Im trying to get a certificate from a training
> school(NY) but they offered me $16000 for five
> certificates(A+,NET+,Cisco Ccna & Security, and Mcsa ). Is this the
> way every body goes? But they also guaranteed 100% for job. Is there
> any cheap way that I can do that.
>
> Thanks in advance
> David

Daniel Neubacher

The Certification doesn't cost 16000$.
Most of the money is for the training... One Test costs ~140?-150?, i dont
know the price in dollar but it's similar i guess.
The Traning is not needed (but better) to get certifiied. You could learn
for the Certifications by yourself.

Daniel Neubacher

"Abu" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi All,
> I need your help. Im trying to get a certificate from a training
> school(NY) but they offered me $16000 for five
> certificates(A+,NET+,Cisco Ccna & Security, and Mcsa ). Is this the
> way every body goes? But they also guaranteed 100% for job. Is there
> any cheap way that I can do that.
>
> Thanks in advance
> David

Firebird81

look at local community colleges. They usually offer A+ and cisco courses
for $12 a semester, with cisco taking 4 semesters and a+ taking 2. They have
labs where you get plenty of hands on experience to back up your
certification. Many so-called schools just prepare you for a test and don't
actually teach you the principles the certification represents. Job
placement assistance is great, but I doubt any school can offer 100% job
placement.