Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Monitor problem after infection of a Trojan Horse!

Re: Monitor problem after infection of a Trojan Horse!

Tom MacIntyre

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:54:47 -0400, "Hydroman" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I don't know if they are related but awhile back my monitor flickered off
>then back on
>again. After it happened everything still seemed to be working fine. About
>a week later
>I ran a viruscan and found an infection of a trojan horse. The viruscan got
>rid of the virus,
>but ever since then it seems like either my monitor is going or the virus
>did something in
>the operating system. I rebuilt the HD without reformatting the HD and I
>rebuilt the HD
>with a ghost image I made around 6 months ago. Restarted the PC and I still
>have problems.
>The problem that I have is when the PC is booting the splash screen is
>distorted, but when
>the PC is completely boot the screen look fine. Only thing I could think of
>doing is reformatting
>the HD unconditionally to see if there are any problems with the HD. Has
>anyone had any
>problems like this?
>
>Larry
>(E-Mail Removed)
>A+ and MCP Certified

Try the monitor on another computer, or try a different video card.

Tom