Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > internet connection virus?

internet connection virus?

Adam Ross

Can a virus of some sort slow down the internet connection, and i mean
everything is just much slower than usual, not just a web browser problem,
but everything!!!

Nick

Absolutely, it could be slowing your connection by
hogging your bandwidth with it's own communication.

You could try doing a netstat to see what connections
are open.
--

Nick
A+, MCP

RussS

Usually a trojan or a worm would cause that.

Try running Spybot, http://security.kolla.de/

youd be surprised just how slow your connection can become if you have
spyware running in the background.

HTH

Darren

news:9IERa.84106$(E-Mail Removed)...