Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Blue Screen in windows xp

Re: Blue Screen in windows xp

Ronnie Broyles

Does the computer BSOD on you at random intervals or is there a pattern that
you can see developing? After the BSOD do you get a message similar to
"this system has recovered from a serious error--it should also prompt you
to send the information to Microsoft so they can look at it. I recognize
the path you gave. It is almost an identical one that I seem to get
occasionally. The path---c:\windows\minidump\mini071503-01.dmp

will I think lead you in the direction that there is a promblem with the
paging file(at least on mine there was this problem). The paging file would
be written, but there would still be a flag stating that a paging file
needed to be written--and my system would Blue Screen and reboot itself. I
had to do a re-work on the paging file to fix it.

Best information I can give--do some research with the MS website
Knowledgebase and see if anything is there--but it almost sounds like my
propblem with the paging file.

hth
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm