Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Random Crashes and Lockups

Random Crashes and Lockups

Leo

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 800 Mhz
128 MB PC2100 DDR RAM
nVidia ASUS V7100 Series GeForce 2 MX 32 MB
Maxtor 30 GB HD 7200 ATA100 Diamond Series
Pioneer DVD-ROM 16X40
Plextor PlexWriter 12X10X32A
Creative Soundblaster Live! Value
NEC MultiSync 77F 17 inch monitor
Lucent Win Modem
3.5 MB floppy disk drive
Memorex Multimedia keyboard
AOpen O-35G two wheel mouse
Enlight case

My computer keeps fully shutting down without warning or occasionally
locks up while I am in Windows. When it locks up in Windows, it
totally freezes up with no POST beeping or BSODs. My motherboard does
beep when I boot it up. I just replaced my power supply for an Enermax
350W Model EG365P-VE, so I don't think the power supply is the problem
anymore. The new power supply has two fans in it; one on the bottom
and one exhaust fan, so I don't believe there is a heat issue. I think
the motherboard may be at issue since I've tried switching the RAM
between slots, along with trying different sticks of RAM (2).

Am I right about this? Do you folks have any idea what else may be
wrong?

Thanks,

Leo