Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: cmos hot keys

Re: cmos hot keys

mhaase-at-springmind.com

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 10:12:37 -0700 , "Lee A. Howard"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i have recently started studying with mike meyers all-in-one guide and to
>help with the hands-on aspects i bought a compaq deskpro 2000 with a
>pentium I in it...the machine sold for $15.00 without an os and only a hd
>and floppy ...i installed a new cddrive from my main machineand loaded win98
>and it worked fine...tried to install a $5.00 cd and make it work and
>uh-oh...i have tried to get into the cmos settings as mike recommends at
>boot-up but all of the hot-key he suggests don't work...question is: are
>there any key-stroke combos i am not aware of ? or am i just brain-dead and
>overlooking something
>

>thanx,
>
>easylee

Old Compaqs had the setup info in a seperate partition on the HD. If
it's been formatted, odds are pretty good that's been wiped out.

Visit the Compaq web site, and you'll be able to download files you
can use on boot floppies to either access the setup info, and/or
restore the partition.

I resisted 'till I couldn't take it anymore.

(sigh) Address altered against Spam.

Replace the -at- and put the "spring-mind" in the correct order