Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Master or slave?

Master or slave?

Ammar

Hi,

If I want to install two hard disk on the same IDE channel with the jumpers
set to cable select for the two hard disks. Which device would act as a
master? The one in the end of the cable or the one in the middle?

Thanks,
Ammar

RussS

Depends on what sort of system it is. On some ATA100/133 it can be the one
on the end of the cable and others in the middle. When you buy a MoBo they
usually tell you which is which (using their supplied cable), but as
SBFan2000 says, generally the one on the end.

--
RussS
MCP W2K Pro & Server, A+, Net+

http://www.techexams.net/

chris

the end of the cable is normally the master connector. also, ensure that
your jumpers are properly configured for each drive to be master and slave
respectively.

hope that helps

Chris

news:3f04a9d5$0$5425$(E-Mail Removed)...