Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Help

Melissa

Hi all. Just found this newsgroup and I am hoping you guys can help
me. I am doing home study for the A+ certification and I am through
the core section and getting ready to start the OS section. Should I
take the core section exam? or do they give them seperate even? Any
help or free sites for practice test you could give me would be
wonderful. I am self taught and don't know a lot of the technical
terms and am struggling with it. I have just lost my job and gone
through a divorce so it is important that I complete this and do well.
If anyone has anything that would help I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Melissa

techophile

www.freecomptia.com for free practice tests. I was recommended it from this
group recently.

René Nielsen

Hi Melissa,
The best, and free, practice tests are www.freecomptia.com and see if you
can get "Technical" dictionary, even if you have to pay for it. It's worth
it. My advice to you is write the Examens separately, cuz there is a lot to
memorize. In the Core exam there are some graphics where you have to
identify objects... Learn how to identify Mobo's, ports, nics, slots etc.
When your score in the pratice exams are 85-100%, you should be ready for
the real exam.
I wish you the best of luck, and let us know how you were doing.
Best regards:
René from Denmark

"Melissa" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi all. Just found this newsgroup and I am hoping you guys can help
> me. I am doing home study for the A+ certification and I am through
> the core section and getting ready to start the OS section. Should I
> take the core section exam? or do they give them seperate even? Any
> help or free sites for practice test you could give me would be
> wonderful. I am self taught and don't know a lot of the technical
> terms and am struggling with it. I have just lost my job and gone
> through a divorce so it is important that I complete this and do well.
> If anyone has anything that would help I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks
> Melissa

Liberté

Try www.whatis.com, it helps for the technical terms.

Ammar from France

Russ

I'd be leary of relying on www.freecomptia.org, their questions are mostly a
direct rip of TestKing tests, and the answers are full of misworded copies,
and changed answers that are outright and woefully wrong.

Russ

"René Nielsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f012c56$0$32501$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Hi Melissa,
> The best, and free, practice tests are www.freecomptia.com and see if you
> can get "Technical" dictionary, even if you have to pay for it. It's worth
> it. My advice to you is write the Examens separately, cuz there is a lot

> memorize. In the Core exam there are some graphics where you have to
> identify objects... Learn how to identify Mobo's, ports, nics, slots etc.
> When your score in the pratice exams are 85-100%, you should be ready for
> the real exam.
> I wish you the best of luck, and let us know how you were doing.
> Best regards:
> René from Denmark
>
> "Melissa" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Hi all. Just found this newsgroup and I am hoping you guys can help
> > me. I am doing home study for the A+ certification and I am through
> > the core section and getting ready to start the OS section. Should I
> > take the core section exam? or do they give them seperate even? Any
> > help or free sites for practice test you could give me would be
> > wonderful. I am self taught and don't know a lot of the technical
> > terms and am struggling with it. I have just lost my job and gone
> > through a divorce so it is important that I complete this and do well.
> > If anyone has anything that would help I would appreciate it.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Melissa

Russ

I should clarify that last statement. TestKing tests are also studded with
errors, about 2%, whereas the www.freecomptia.org site is 15-20% errors,
IMO. Not really an issue if you have enough experience to know the
difference, but could be deadly to someone starting out.

Russ

news:M%UMa.69447$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...