Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Saving files & settings from OE

Saving files & settings from OE

Newt

Hi,

How do I save my email setings, messages and addresses from Outlook Express
for safe keeping so that I can reinstall them after format?
what are pst files?
what other files should I be searching for and backing up?
TIA

Newt

rifleman

In news:AVXLa.18488$(E-Mail Removed),
Newt <(E-Mail Removed)> contemplated the little bit of fluff in his navel
and typed:
> Hi,
> what are pst files?

A pst file is the one file that Outlook (NOT Outlook Express), part of the
MS Office suite, keeps all its emails, tasks, contacts, calendar etc in.

OE uses many files with the extension dbx

--
(I may be wrong...I usually am....)
Google is your Friend

Kath

Newt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I save my email setings, messages and addresses from Outlook
> Express for safe keeping so that I can reinstall them after format?
> what are pst files?
> what other files should I be searching for and backing up?
> TIA
>
> Newt

PST files are NOT OE, they are from Outlook.

See the following website for all information required.
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm

The above also includes a link to the following - OEBackup from
It is fully functional in a plain wrapper and it's FREE Written by a
MS-MVP in response to questions from people in these newsgroups
therefore with a
knowledge of the issues.