Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Spammer

Spammer

Ronnie Broyles

At the risk of alerting this spammer who sees fit to flood the group with
useless information, I think everyone should complain to the server(s) in
question and get this person off the net--it is only a temporary fix but
could help for the moment. Ideas? Suggestions?

Fuzzball123

I agree, we're getting tons more than we used too

"Ronnie Broyles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%7oLa.504$(E-Mail Removed)2.webusenet.com...
> At the risk of alerting this spammer who sees fit to flood the group with
> useless information, I think everyone should complain to the server(s) in
> question and get this person off the net--it is only a temporary fix but
> could help for the moment. Ideas? Suggestions?

RussS

Well looking at that new law about telemarketers in the states I am thinking
that they finally are starting to move in the right direction. Hopefully my
country will follow suit with similar legislation.
Now all we need is some antispam legislation in a similar vein and an
agreement worldwide to back it up. I hear a lot of grumbles saying that
mostly these spammers use false Ip headers and fire their stuff through
servers belonging to innocent parties - BS!! A network admin that has open
relay servers on his/her network deserves a good kisk in the butt, and maybe
the threat of a huge fine would be an incentive to actually do their job
correctly. Cut out the relay servers and spam will be minimised to
manageable proportions.

--
RussS
MCP W2K Pro & Server, A+, Net+

http://www.techexams.net/

Tony Sivori

Ronnie Broyles wrote:
> At the risk of alerting this spammer who sees fit to flood the group with
> useless information, I think everyone should complain to the server(s) in
> question and get this person off the net--it is only a temporary fix but
> could help for the moment. Ideas? Suggestions?

It is Repsis spam. He is using an AOL account to post through skynet. If it
isn't terminated soon, skynet and possibly AOL will find themselves the
target of a UDP discussion.

Meanwhile, the better servers are already filtering and canceling it. If you
still see it, you might want to try the very well run and free (text
newsgroups only) German server, cis.dfn.

http://www.news.fu-berlin.de/en/register.html

--
Tony Sivori

Russiam Spammer Eliminated from Gene Pool Mike T. MCSE 3 07-27-2005 02:33 PM
Spammer question Tim Java 10 01-22-2004 04:35 AM
Re: spammer toll free number - do not abuse! NetCop Computer Support 1 07-01-2003 10:45 PM

Advertisments