Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: OS Exam...

Re: OS Exam...

Andy

My suggestion Dex is this, install Win 2k on your PC and have a good play,
if it's your OS already then do the same with Win98. I treated Win NT as Win
2k as I have yet to use NT and I know they have lots of similarities.

Practice questions worked for me, and if one asked how to start a particular
activity or find a setting, I just minimised the practice exam and tried it
out. I find there's nothing better than practical experience.

Good luck with the OS test.

"Dex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nAHKa.2373$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
> Hey guys... passed the Hardware exam a while back and am gonna take the OS
> next. I've been studying with Mike Myers Passport A+ book. It got me

through
> the Hardware exam pretty well. I'm passing the practice exam that came

with
> it at about 850ish. Do you guys have any brain dumps or suggestions of

focus
> for common questions?
>
> Thanks
> Chris

Dex

Well, I'm a network admin with 5 years exp... I know most of the OS's
covered very well. I was wondering if there was any silly nuance questions
that are frequently asked. Some of the questions out of the practice exam
threw me a bit.

"Logan W." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would not fool with installing a new OS on my main computer.
> If you have an extra computer, sure. Otherwise just read the OS chapters

in
> your study guide again, follow along as best you can,
> and try to find screenshots of the various applets that you don't have in
> your OS.
>
> Logan

Pikoro

Know your DOS, this is where most people stumble.
They could ask questions involving the usage of F1 and F3 keys.
Run cmd, enter any command and then type F1 and F3 and see what each one
does. Try typing them repeatedly too.
I can't tell you more without violating the confidentiality agreement.

news:MuXKa.2557$(E-Mail Removed) .com...