Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Files in XP &/or 9x

Re: Files in XP &/or 9x

Jerry

Are you sure that the Xp machine will be NTFS because XP came on my machine
loaded with Fat 32.

"TMConlon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A question for the assembled multitude.
>
> I'm considering purchasing a new laptop. The new laptop will be XP. The
> desktops at home are 98. I also use Office 2000 Pro. I also have a copy

of
> Word Perfect 8 that I use for some other things.
>
> Obviously XP is NTFS and 98 is FAT 32.
>
> My question is: Under 98, can I open Office (Word, Excel, etc.) files

that I
> created under XP and vice versa?
>
> If I'm not mistaken, I can open , create, etc files under 2000 and

transfer,
> etc. them back & forth to 98 ( the box that has 2000 is formatted NTFS).
>
> Any assistance is appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Techie

depends on how whoever made your machine formatted the drive but normally it
would be NTFS

--
Techie
A+, Network+, MCP, MCNGP #21