Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Diagnostic Software

Diagnostic Software

REGINALD HIMES

Are there any diagnostic software that can run from a CD verses installing
onto the computer or is there a trick that I can do to installs all of the
files onto the
CD? that is the same for anti virus also

Thanks

AG

"REGINALD HIMES" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uPWJa.39714$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are there any diagnostic software that can run from a CD verses installing
> onto the computer or is there a trick that I can do to installs all of the
> files onto the
> CD? that is the same for anti virus also
>

> Thanks

I use aida and aida32 both of which you can download for free. I often use
a program called TuffTest that you can download but the full version costs
$30 or $40. It is a selfcontained diagnostic program that will check a host
of hardware problems. It fits on a floppy that you boot to.
AG

Paul Stelter

You can boot right from the Norton Systemworks Pro CD to do a basic
virus scan. I have found this to be a little on the destructive side,
though, because in DOS mode it does odd things to files (deletion being
one of them). The cd also comes with a number of basic DOS aps that
allow for some diagnostics (such as finding bad sectors, checking
keyboard function and making your pc speaker beep...not sure how
effective the last two are...)

Paul Stelter MCP / A+
www.steltex.com

REGINALD HIMES wrote:
> Are there any diagnostic software that can run from a CD verses installing
> onto the computer or is there a trick that I can do to installs all of the
> files onto the
> CD? that is the same for anti virus also
>

> Thanks

Paul Stelter

This package looks interesting - I've downloaded it from
http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32
and hope to give it a shot soon.

Paul