Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Internet connection

Internet connection

=?Utf-8?B?RWZmaWU=?=

I changed from a wired to a wireless network, which is through a router only
prob is that my broadband is USB only and the router wants WAN to connect
broadband to. Is there any way that I can access the current internet
conection on my desktop (server) comp like i used to on wired? It wont let
me share the conection now that the router is connected.

Please help

Jack \(MVP\)

Hi
Unfortunately there is No more Entry Level Routers with USB entry on the WAN side.
You would have to invest in an External Ethernet Broadband Modem.
For Internet Cable connection you can find such a Modem in most Mega Stores (usually on
sale for $40-$50)
For DSL you might find some info and resources on this page.
DSL-PPPOE http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Effie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I changed from a wired to a wireless network, which is through a router only
> prob is that my broadband is USB only and the router wants WAN to connect
> broadband to. Is there any way that I can access the current internet
> conection on my desktop (server) comp like i used to on wired? It wont let
> me share the conection now that the router is connected.
>
> Please help

=?Utf-8?B?RWZmaWU=?=

Thanks Jack, I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new modem!