Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Error loading Explorer.exe

Error loading Explorer.exe

Jeff Shealey

<!--StartFragment-->I'm a tech and I have a customer who was having problems
with Internet Explorer 6. I ran the setup again per
Microsoft KB instuctions and upon restarting I got
the "Error loading Explorer.exe You must reinstall
Windows" error and after clicking on ok I recieved an
error stating "The Shell32.dll file is linked to a missing
export Shlwapi.dll; SHCreateStream on File A" error. I
first tried restoring the registy, but that didn't work. I
then tried extracting a Explorer.exe from the Windows ME
CD to the Windows folder, but I am still recieving the
same error. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do
next?
I also looked for the Paprport folder that MS said was causing the
shell32.dll problem, but was unable to find it.