Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > MCSA electives

MCSA electives

Steve Davis

Does anyone have any MCSA electives that they really enjoyed studying for?
I'm working on my MCSA, just passed 70-620 yesterday. I have the choice of
using that as my client OS or an elective. So I'm thinking about just taking
the XP exam, but was wondering if anyone had any electives they really
enjoyed.

thanks,

Steve Davis

John R

"Steve Davis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone have any MCSA electives that they really enjoyed studying for?
> I'm working on my MCSA, just passed 70-620 yesterday. I have the choice of
> using that as my client OS or an elective. So I'm thinking about just
> taking the XP exam, but was wondering if anyone had any electives they
> really enjoyed.

Everyone is different. What matters most is "your" experience level. If
you think you have sufficient experiece with XP, you may already know 90% of
the objectives. It doesn't matter if I enjoy SQL or Exchange or ISA, I'm
not taking the test. (BTW, I used MCDST as my elective for both MCSA 2000
and MCSA 2003. I used MCSA 2000 as my elective for MCSE 2003).

Pick what you know the best, review the objectives, and go pass the test and
earn the cert based on what "you" already know.

John R

Pete Jones

John R is right. Go with what you know. That being said, because I spend so
much time with Exchange, I really enjoyed the 284/285 exams. 285 in
particular has the "testlet" format, which requires you to analyse a brief
and complete the questions within a set period.

If you use Exchange, then going for the MCSE:Messaging track is useful, and
you will probably enjoy it.

If not, then go with what you know.
--
Pete Jones