Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-291 - How many questions?

70-291 - How many questions?

DaveS

Hello all, first time poster here!

I'm taking my 70-291 this coming friday, I've attended the tutor lead course
and re-read the course guide (2277C) for revision. When I booked by exam
through Prometric I discovered the exam was four hours long, but my question
is (pardon the pun!) how many questions are there on the actual exam?

It will be my first Microsoft exam on the track to my MCSA then MCSE, I've
read on the internet that some say it's one of if not the hardest MCSA exam.
I know there are a number of simulations in the exam, but unsure how many
questions.

Lawrence Garvin

"DaveS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all, first time poster here!
>
> I'm taking my 70-291 this coming friday, I've attended the tutor lead
> course and re-read the course guide (2277C) for revision. When I booked by
> exam through Prometric I discovered the exam was four hours long, but my
> question is (pardon the pun!) how many questions are there on the actual
> exam?

You need to be careful how you read the exam durations.

The =total= time for the exam period is four hours. That includes setup,
reading the exam instructions, taking the "practice" exam, taking the actual
exam, and the comment period following the actual exam.

> It will be my first Microsoft exam on the track to my MCSA then MCSE, I've
> read on the internet that some say it's one of if not the hardest MCSA
> exam.

That it is. Wouldn't be my recommended choicde for the first exam to sit on
the MCSA track, but what's done is done.

> I know there are a number of simulations in the exam, but unsure how many
> questions.

The actual number of questions is not publicly available, but you will be
given that information at the start of the exam period.

Rest assured, you have more than sufficient time to complete the exam and
answer all questions. In fact, I've rarely taken an exam that I didn't have
sufficient time to completely review every question in the exam a second
time through.

Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

DaveS

There is a 'practice' exam and 'actual' exam? this seems rather odd! I'd
have expected it to be down to business straight away!

Thanks for the pointers though, getting a little nervous now! four evenings
to get some last revision in before the exam on friday.

"Lawrence Garvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "DaveS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello all, first time poster here!
>>
>> I'm taking my 70-291 this coming friday, I've attended the tutor lead
>> course and re-read the course guide (2277C) for revision. When I booked
>> by exam through Prometric I discovered the exam was four hours long, but
>> my question is (pardon the pun!) how many questions are there on the
>> actual exam?

> You need to be careful how you read the exam durations.
>
> The =total= time for the exam period is four hours. That includes setup,
> reading the exam instructions, taking the "practice" exam, taking the
> actual exam, and the comment period following the actual exam.
>

>> It will be my first Microsoft exam on the track to my MCSA then MCSE,
>> I've read on the internet that some say it's one of if not the hardest
>> MCSA exam.

> That it is. Wouldn't be my recommended choicde for the first exam to sit
> on the MCSA track, but what's done is done.
>
>> I know there are a number of simulations in the exam, but unsure how many
>> questions.

> The actual number of questions is not publicly available, but you will be
> given that information at the start of the exam period.
>
> Rest assured, you have more than sufficient time to complete the exam and
> answer all questions. In fact, I've rarely taken an exam that I didn't
> have sufficient time to completely review every question in the exam a
> second time through.

> Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
> Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Lawrence Garvin

"DaveS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> There is a 'practice' exam and 'actual' exam? this seems rather odd! I'd
> have expected it to be down to business straight away!

The "practice" exam is to make sure you know how to select the right
answers... it has nothing to do with the subject matter.

Questions like: What color is the sun?

With options like:

a. Green

b. Blue