Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-290 Simulations

70-290 Simulations

FunEMT

Hi all,
Does anyone know if the simulations on the 70-290 exam are weighted more
than the other questions? I have tried to find out, but can't find anything
on the Microsoft site.

Thanx in advance for your help.
--
FunEMT
A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST

Michael D. Alligood

"FunEMT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi all,
> Does anyone know if the simulations on the 70-290 exam are weighted more
> than the other questions? I have tried to find out, but can't find anything
> on the Microsoft site.
>
> Thanx in advance for your help.
> --
> FunEMT
> A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST

Exam details such as this are not published by Microsoft. Any
information given to you concerning your question is speculation.

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

3:21 PM

FunEMT

ok, Thanx for the info Michael. I was just curious if I should spend mone
time on them or just consider them no more important than the other
questions.
--
FunEMT
A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST

"Michael D. Alligood" wrote:

> "FunEMT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Hi all,
> > Does anyone know if the simulations on the 70-290 exam are weighted more
> > than the other questions? I have tried to find out, but can't find anything
> > on the Microsoft site.
> >
> > Thanx in advance for your help.
> > --
> > FunEMT
> > A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST

> Exam details such as this are not published by Microsoft. Any
> information given to you concerning your question is speculation.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
> The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

> 3:21 PM

Michael D. Alligood

"FunEMT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> ok, Thanx for the info Michael. I was just curious if I should spend mone
> time on them or just consider them no more important than the other
> questions.
> --
> FunEMT
> A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST
>

> "Michael D. Alligood" wrote:
>

> > "FunEMT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news(E-Mail Removed):
> >

> > > Hi all,
> > > Does anyone know if the simulations on the 70-290 exam are weighted more
> > > than the other questions? I have tried to find out, but can't find anything
> > > on the Microsoft site.
> > >
> > > Thanx in advance for your help.
> > > --
> > > FunEMT
> > > A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST

> > Exam details such as this are not published by Microsoft. Any
> > information given to you concerning your question is speculation.
> >
> > --
> > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
> > The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

> > 3:21 PM

> Checked by AVG.

Every question is important. Know your objectives, treat every question
equal, and you'll do just fine.

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

11:52 AM

Lawrence Garvin

"FunEMT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ok, Thanx for the info Michael. I was just curious if I should spend mone
> time on them or just consider them no more important than the other
> questions.

Well, consider this logic...

If you feel that the simulations might have caused your low scores,
then studying that which you don't feel comfortable that you answered
correctly...

makes the *most* sense in terms of the most likely way to increase your
score with the minimal amount of effort.

Consider what value would be in studyings things you know you answered
correctly!

And, having said that, let me recall something else I posted a few days
ago...

If you're not comfortable with simulations, then you're probably
significantly lacking in the "job experience" part of the concept of
certifications, and you absolutely *should* invest more time in practical
experience -- whether in training labs and simulations, or actual on-the-job
experience.

My personal opinion: For somebody with the requisite job experience for
certification exams...
simulations should be the LEAST intimidating factor of the exam.

Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Michael D. Alligood

"Lawrence Garvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "FunEMT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > ok, Thanx for the info Michael. I was just curious if I should spend mone
> > time on them or just consider them no more important than the other
> > questions.

> Well, consider this logic...
>
> If you feel that the simulations might have caused your low scores,
> then studying that which you don't feel comfortable that you answered
> correctly...
>
> makes the *most* sense in terms of the most likely way to increase your
> score with the minimal amount of effort.
>
> Consider what value would be in studyings things you know you answered
> correctly!
>
> And, having said that, let me recall something else I posted a few days
> ago...
>
> If you're not comfortable with simulations, then you're probably
> significantly lacking in the "job experience" part of the concept of
> certifications, and you absolutely *should* invest more time in practical
> experience -- whether in training labs and simulations, or actual on-the-job
> experience.
>
> My personal opinion: For somebody with the requisite job experience for
> certification exams...
> simulations should be the LEAST intimidating factor of the exam.

> Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
> Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Nicely put.

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

6/21/2008 9:27 AM

SynthsayerWWX

"FunEMT" wrote:

> Hi all,
> Does anyone know if the simulations on the 70-290 exam are weighted more
> than the other questions? I have tried to find out, but can't find anything
> on the Microsoft site.
>
> Thanx in advance for your help.

--
> FunEMT
> A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST

FunEMT, you have probably already taken the exam, but for others who will
take the ‘revised’ exam in the future, I would give the following advice
based on my personal experience (without revealing details of the test as
agreed to and accepted in the pre-test requirements,…):
 Get Virtual Lab setups to study with at home if you do not already have
them.
 Go over the ‘simple’ things like setting up Share and NTFS permissions and
resolving issues with them.
 Do this for every scenario you can imagine
 Set up User Accounts and experiment with every User Account setting you
can find
 Find somebody that works with Server 2003 and see if you can get some peer
support and advice about situations they encounter in their job roles
On my exam I easily had 8-9 simulations, some of which were the equivalent
of 2 or 3 questions in one.
I am sure that for experienced administrators these would be a cakewalk.
But, since I am an entry level novice administrator like many others who will
take this exam, my experience is limited and made the simulations a bit
harder.

Best of luck to all.

SynthsayerWWX

MCTS

Back Annotation simulations rajan VHDL 4 08-10-2004 07:57 AM
"Real" Simulations? Jay Davis VHDL 8 11-25-2003 05:37 PM
Lab simulations problem Alejandro Pazos Microsoft Certification 0 09-03-2003 02:08 PM
Long simulations Pedro Claro VHDL 0 08-13-2003 02:59 PM
DSP simulations Willem Oosthuizen VHDL 1 06-25-2003 03:37 PM

Advertisments