Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > OT: uCertify.com

OT: uCertify.com

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

Due to recent posts in both the Microsoft MCSA and MCSE public
newsgroups concerning uCertify and their practice materials, I thought
it fair to contact the company and relay the concerns posted by 2 or
more OPs. Here is the response I received:

Michael,

Thank you for letting us know. I really appreciate it. I researched the
issue and believe that two people http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) and
(E-Mail Removed) seem to have issues with our products. We work
hard to create good products and listen carefully to our customers
carefully. However I do not know what we did to offend Cyanthia and
Donna (if it is their real names) as they are not even our customers (at
least they did not buy using the above emails while buying).

In the latest version of our PrepEngine, we have added a new feature
where users can discuss content with each other. I hope, Cyanthia and
Donna will be able to provide more specifics either on certifications
forums or using "Discuss it" within PrepEngine.

Michael, thank you again for bringing it to our notice.

Regards,
Roger

If this applies to you, please contact Roger at (E-Mail Removed) and
voice your concerns. For those interested in I.T. certification study
material, please do as much homework as possible before committing
yourself and your money. Remember that nothing takes the place of actual
hands-on experience. Books, practice exams and classroom learning should
be used as a supplement only.

--
Michael D. Alligood,
MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

PAJ

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 04:14:50 +0000, "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard,
Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Due to recent posts in both the Microsoft MCSA and MCSE public
>newsgroups concerning uCertify and their practice materials, I thought
>it fair to contact the company and relay the concerns posted by 2 or
>more OPs. Here is the response I received:

<snip>

Maybe they should have replied here instead of you.
--
Thx.
Paul

Montreal MCT

Hi Paul,

It is unrealistic to expect these companies to monitor every newsgroup that
their products would be discussed in. Microsoft does not even monitor these
newsgroups. That is why Influencers like Michael and a few others intervene
when necessary.

Thanks Michael!

Mitch Garvis, MCT
MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
Visit my blog at http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
---
"PAJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 04:14:50 +0000, "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard,
> Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Due to recent posts in both the Microsoft MCSA and MCSE public
>>newsgroups concerning uCertify and their practice materials, I thought
>>it fair to contact the company and relay the concerns posted by 2 or
>>more OPs. Here is the response I received:
>>

> <snip>
>
> Maybe they should have replied here instead of you.
> --
> Thx.
> Paul
> Drop MBLOSSOM to email.

PAJ

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:20:54 -0400, "Montreal MCT"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Paul,
>
>It is unrealistic to expect these companies to monitor every newsgroup that
>their products would be discussed in. Microsoft does not even monitor these
>newsgroups.

From the OP posting it appeared that they had been prompted to look at
the group.
Roger of ucertify.com wrote:
"I researched the issue and believe that two people...... seem to have
issues with our products".

I think it would be more appropriate for them to reply directly than
through a third-party.
This may have made it appear less of an advert/approval for their
'PrepEngine'.

>That is why Influencers like Michael

^^^^^^^^^^^
They can keep their viral infections to themselves!

--
Thx.
Paul

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"PAJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> >That is why Influencers like Michael

> They can keep their viral infections to themselves!
>
> --
> Thx.
> Paul
> Drop MBLOSSOM to email.