Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Windows 2003 Setup

Windows 2003 Setup

TJ

Question: Is simply having a domain controller (windows 2003) sufficient for
using to study with? I would like to set this up at home on a single laptop
to use for study purposes only.
Any suggestions on what I should do are welcomed! ....(keep it clean)

TJ

John R

"TJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Question: Is simply having a domain controller (windows 2003) sufficient
> for using to study with? I would like to set this up at home on a single
> laptop to use for study purposes only.
> Any suggestions on what I should do are welcomed! ....(keep it clean)
>
> TJ

Although you could probably get by, I would recommend at least one client as
well. You can use things like Virtual PC if you don't have the hardware
available. While we don't know your current level of experience, you should
be able to do most things with a single server. For MCSA, you don't get
into a whole lot of replication stuff, or site link configuration, although
if you have no experience with those you might consider a second server
(again, Virtual PC can help with that).

What you really need to prepare is based more on your current experience
level.

Good Luck to you

John R

TJ

ok..that sounds good...I have plenty of experience setting up domains and
server etc..
I can set up virtual server like you said on the same laptop with my domain
controller...thanks for the tip..
I have, point in fact, a domain setup for our customers to test with that is
outside the firewall and does have a virtual machine setup as the client on
the same box......it's good to know I won't need to complex of a setup for
this since 90% of the studying will be at home......
if you ever get any other suggestion, let me know....

thanks

TJ

news:%23FiD%(E-Mail Removed)...