Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 290: SP's / R2

290: SP's / R2

Kurt

Hi,

Two years ago i completed my 70-271 & 70-272 for my LCDST credential
and started a new function in a new company because of it (thank you
MS) as a first line support operator. It was my plan to keep studying
for my MCSA and bought the MS Press book of 290 ...

Because i lacked the real-life experience of Server 2003 it didn't go
as planned and i concentrated on tjhe new job and focussed on some
hands-on experience. Now i moved to a new position and need to get my
MCSA so i started studying again and will take my exam next wednesday.

Now for my question:

My study materials don't cover any SP's or R2 stuff and I don't want
to buy a new book ... Are there any new subjects that are important to
get covered before my exam?

With kind regards,

Kurt

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]

"Kurt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
>

> Two years ago i completed my 70-271 & 70-272 for my LCDST credential
> and started a new function in a new company because of it (thank you
> MS) as a first line support operator. It was my plan to keep studying
> for my MCSA and bought the MS Press book of 290 ...
>
> Because i lacked the real-life experience of Server 2003 it didn't go
> as planned and i concentrated on tjhe new job and focussed on some
> hands-on experience. Now i moved to a new position and need to get my
> MCSA so i started studying again and will take my exam next wednesday.
>

> Now for my question:
>

> My study materials don't cover any SP's or R2 stuff and I don't want
> to buy a new book ... Are there any new subjects that are important to
> get covered before my exam?
>

> With kind regards,
>
> Kurt

I know from Microsoft Learning that R2 is not tested.
--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

Jason Fraioli

However, I would make sure you understand what does and does not work with
regard to XP and 2000pro service packs.

"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]" wrote:

> "Kurt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > Two years ago i completed my 70-271 & 70-272 for my LCDST credential
> > and started a new function in a new company because of it (thank you
> > MS) as a first line support operator. It was my plan to keep studying
> > for my MCSA and bought the MS Press book of 290 ...
> >
> > Because i lacked the real-life experience of Server 2003 it didn't go
> > as planned and i concentrated on tjhe new job and focussed on some
> > hands-on experience. Now i moved to a new position and need to get my
> > MCSA so i started studying again and will take my exam next wednesday.
> >

> > Now for my question:
> >

> > My study materials don't cover any SP's or R2 stuff and I don't want
> > to buy a new book ... Are there any new subjects that are important to
> > get covered before my exam?
> >

> > With kind regards,
> >
> > Kurt

> I know from Microsoft Learning that R2 is not tested.
> --
> Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
> CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]

"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed):

Oh and SP2 is not tested either. Microsoft realized that some will not
or have not deployed SP2.

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

Beowulf

The Microsoft Press 70-290 Second Edition (2006) clarifies the Sp1 & R2 info
for this exam (I hope!)
"Recognize the security improvements introduced by SP1"
"Understand the role of Windows Server 2003 R2 in the product lifecycle"
"The 70-290 exam includes SP1, but it does not test your knowledge of
features introduced by R2. Therefore, the practices in this book assume you
have not installed R2 features."
Hope this helps.
- Beowulf, getting close to taking 70-290 and definitely over-studying for it!