Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > transcender study guide

transcender study guide

MaRsMaN

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone around here has used the Transcender Studyguide
for the 70-290 exam. I used the guide for my 70-270 exam and I passed the
first time. I would like to use the 70-290 guide now, but I can't find it
anywhere. Yes, I can pay for it and download it at transcender.com but I
would rather not pay $ 180,- for it. Who can point me to where I can find
it?

Thanks in advance!

Harvey Colwell

I usually donít get involved in these types of exchanges, but this morning,
your post just struck me the wrong way. So hereís my two cents.

Certifications cost. They cost time. They cost effort. And they cost money.
Depending on your personality, you may consider that, at least monetarily,
that time and effort are free. But most study material worth anything
aren't free. Iíve recently passed my 41st certification. Over the years I
paid, out of my own pocket, for almost every study guide, practice test, and
certification exam Iíve ever used/taken. I even take person time off to take
the exams (donít ask it a legal issue).

When I use a practice test, it is to gauge if Iím ready for the real exam. I
do not use them as a learning tool. I feel that you should have already
learned the subject matter by that time.

But what youíre so stupidly asking for on an open forum is also quite
illegal. Iíve used Trancender on occasion, and yes I think they are too
expensive for the amount benefit they give to me. Since I feel you shouldnít
be taking a certification exam unless youíre ready for it (a.k.a. passing
the first time, every time), and if Trancender has the only practice test
available, then they have the right to charge whatever they want. No one is
twisting my arm to buy from them.

I donít know you, so I donít want to smear your character. But if you cheat
(steal in this case) at one part of your IT profession, I have to wonder
what type of support technician/administrator/analyst you are.

"MaRsMaN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4641ce97$0$327$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone around here has used the Transcender Studyguide
> for the 70-290 exam. I used the guide for my 70-270 exam and I passed the
> first time. I would like to use the 70-290 guide now, but I can't find it
> anywhere. Yes, I can pay for it and download it at transcender.com but I
> would rather not pay $ 180,- for it. Who can point me to where I can find
> it?
>
> Thanks in advance!

catwalker63

Harvey Colwell piffled away vaguely:
> "MaRsMaN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4641ce97$0$327$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
>> I was wondering if anyone around here has used the Transcender Studyguide
>> for the 70-290 exam. I used the guide for my 70-270 exam and I passed the
>> first time. I would like to use the 70-290 guide now, but I can't find it
>> anywhere. Yes, I can pay for it and download it at transcender.com but I
>> would rather not pay $ 180,- for it. Who can point me to where I can find
>> it?

> But what youĘre so stupidly asking for on an open forum is also quite
> illegal. IĘve used Trancender on occasion, and yes I think they are too
> expensive for the amount benefit they give to me. Since I feel you shouldnĘt
> be taking a certification exam unless youĘre ready for it (a.k.a. passing
> the first time, every time), and if Trancender has the only practice test
> available, then they have the right to charge whatever they want. No one is
> twisting my arm to buy from them.
>
> I donĘt know you, so I donĘt want to smear your character. But if you cheat
> (steal in this case) at one part of your IT profession, I have to wonder
> what type of support technician/administrator/analyst you are.

Hear, hear!! The Transcender license is not transferable. Get your
own.
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43

Wayne Anderson

Perhaps instead of focusing on alternative methods to acquire this particular
application, you may want to more closely examine alternative providers of
the same content. Recently I completed an exam on Exchange 2007. My usual
preparation includes acquiring a Transcender via work's acquisition process.

Because of time windows involved and people's availibility this was not
possible.

This forced me to look at MeasureUp. I was very happy with my experience
but would point out that the cost is much lower but the window of time where
you have access to the content is far narrower as well.

It might be an alternative path to consider. Recognize that to properly
study and certify for your credentials, there is a cost involved and any
credential pursuit should neccessarily involve a cost/benefit analysis for
how the credential fits your career path. Treat your credential like an
investment.
--
Wayne Anderson

"MaRsMaN" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone around here has used the Transcender Studyguide
> for the 70-290 exam. I used the guide for my 70-270 exam and I passed the
> first time. I would like to use the 70-290 guide now, but I can't find it
> anywhere. Yes, I can pay for it and download it at transcender.com but I
> would rather not pay $ 180,- for it. Who can point me to where I can find
> it?
>
> Thanks in advance!

MaRsMaN

"Harvey Colwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> When I use a practice test, it is to gauge if Iím ready for the real exam.
> I do not use them as a learning tool.

I am not looking for any practice tests. I would like to find the
Transcender studyguide 70-290.

> But what youíre so stupidly asking for on an open forum is also quite
> illegal.

Asking for something that isn't free is not illegal. It would be illegal if
someone provides me with it, however.

> Iíve used Trancender on occasion, and yes I think they are too expensive
> for the amount benefit they give to me.

Here's something I concur with...

> I donít know you, so I donít want to smear your character. But if you
> cheat (steal in this case) at one part of your IT profession, I have to
> wonder what type of support technician/administrator/analyst you are.

There is nothing wrong with trying to save some money. Not everyone can
afford paying for everything. And before you get the wrong idea, I do have
valid licenses for every Microsoft product I own. Maybe I'm just a cheapass
in a selective way. And that's not anyones problem but mine. No pun
intended.

> "MaRsMaN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4641ce97$0$327$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone around here has used the Transcender Studyguide
>> for the 70-290 exam. I used the guide for my 70-270 exam and I passed the
>> first time. I would like to use the 70-290 guide now, but I can't find it
>> anywhere. Yes, I can pay for it and download it at transcender.com but I
>> would rather not pay $ 180,- for it. Who can point me to where I can find
>> it?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!

Red Swingline Stapler

"MaRsMaN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:46432422$0$331$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl:

> Asking for something that isn't free is not illegal. It would be
> illegal if someone provides me with it, however.

Well how nice of you to request others to do the dirty work for you. I find
it hard to believe everything else you have was legally obtained given your
view on this.

In fact this statement is WRONG anyhow. If I ask someone to give me a copy
of software they are using it is illegal for me to use this software. Some
software manufacturers even restrict a persons ability to even sell their
software. So before you go off making false claims you should read the
legal disclaimer for Transcender.

transcender study guide MaRsMaN Microsoft Certification 5 05-10-2007 03:26 PM
transcender study guide MaRsMaN MCSE 6 05-10-2007 03:26 PM
Anybody tried the new Study Guides from Transcender? Rudy Lopez A+ Certification 0 04-07-2005 05:11 PM
REQ: Need Transcender A+ Certification Study Guides, V3. TIA Registered A+ Certification 1 02-08-2005 03:20 PM
What's the best study guide? Vasili Microsoft Certification 30 01-09-2004 10:31 PM

Advertisments