Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > completing MCSA and MCSE

completing MCSA and MCSE

Bruno Costa

hi

i have pass 070-270,070-290 and 070-291..
assuming that i want to get MCSA first and later MCSE, i have to choose my
way.

i see my planner at my mcp, and discover that i can do 70-624 or 070-236 to
complete MCSA.. Is that so?

because when i search
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...3/default.mspx
those efective exams doesn´t appear there....

Wayne Anderson

Hey bruno! It is my understanding that the 70-236 test will contribute to
the MCSA/MCSE elective requirements.

Good luck if you choose to go that path!
--
Wayne Anderson

"Bruno Costa" wrote:

> hi
>
> i have pass 070-270,070-290 and 070-291..
> assuming that i want to get MCSA first and later MCSE, i have to choose my
> way.
>
> i see my planner at my mcp, and discover that i can do 70-624 or 070-236 to
> complete MCSA.. Is that so?
>
> because when i search
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...3/default.mspx
> those efective exams doesn´t appear there....

MattiMac

hi there,
I am planning to retake 291 in next couple of months and I was wondering if
you could help me please.I was using self paced study kit and obviously it
wasn't enough so could you direct me to additional resources please? what was
your secret?I appreaciate your help

regards
Matti

"Bruno Costa" wrote:

> hi
>
> i have pass 070-270,070-290 and 070-291..
> assuming that i want to get MCSA first and later MCSE, i have to choose my
> way.
>
> i see my planner at my mcp, and discover that i can do 70-624 or 070-236 to
> complete MCSA.. Is that so?
>
> because when i search
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...3/default.mspx
> those efective exams doesn´t appear there....

Mostly Gizzards

MattiMac,

If you're only studying from the book, you're going to run into problems
because you have no experience with the material. I'd recommend downloading
VMWare Server or Microsoft VirtualServer and building a small lab to do some
practice. I also use the Microsoft Press books for studying, but in
addition utilized CBTNuggets for some visual training, as well as a 14-day
pass to MeasureUp for the 291 exam. If you can't spend any money, then
stick with the books, but take the time to do the labs that are included in
the book. VMWare Server and VirtualServer are free, and you can get a 2003
Server trial if you dont' already have a license.

Good luck, and let us know when you pass,

MG

"MattiMac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi there,
> I am planning to retake 291 in next couple of months and I was wondering
> if
> you could help me please.I was using self paced study kit and obviously it
> wasn't enough so could you direct me to additional resources please? what
> was
> your secret?I appreaciate your help
>
> regards
> Matti
>
> "Bruno Costa" wrote:
>
>> hi
>>
>> i have pass 070-270,070-290 and 070-291..
>> assuming that i want to get MCSA first and later MCSE, i have to choose
>> my
>> way.
>>
>> i see my planner at my mcp, and discover that i can do 70-624 or 070-236
>> complete MCSA.. Is that so?
>>
>> because when i search
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...3/default.mspx
>> those efective exams doesnt appear there....

Mostly Gizzards

I checked, the price of the MeasureUp 14-day practice test is now 55,
instead of 45, but if you purchase your exam voucher from the, you get a
discount.

MG

"MattiMac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi there,
> I am planning to retake 291 in next couple of months and I was wondering
> if
> you could help me please.I was using self paced study kit and obviously it
> wasn't enough so could you direct me to additional resources please? what
> was
> your secret?I appreaciate your help
>
> regards
> Matti
>
> "Bruno Costa" wrote:
>
>> hi
>>
>> i have pass 070-270,070-290 and 070-291..
>> assuming that i want to get MCSA first and later MCSE, i have to choose
>> my
>> way.
>>
>> i see my planner at my mcp, and discover that i can do 70-624 or 070-236
>> complete MCSA.. Is that so?
>>
>> because when i search
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...3/default.mspx
>> those efective exams doesnt appear there....

catwalker63

MattiMac piffled away vaguely:

> hi there,
> I am planning to retake 291 in next couple of months and I was wondering if
> you could help me please.I was using self paced study kit and obviously it
> wasn't enough so could you direct me to additional resources please? what was
> your secret?I appreaciate your help

You do not need to reply to every thread with the same question. Once
is enough.

I will reply once with the suggestion that you try using the actual
product being tested on as your main study tool. Nothing teaches like
experience.

--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43

Red Swingline Stapler

catwalker63 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I will reply once with the suggestion that you try using the actual
> product being tested on as your main study tool. Nothing teaches like
> experience.

Aww, c'mon. You should reply to every thread with completely different
answers just to keep 'em on their toes!

Or better yet maybe only answer correctly in one thread. In all other
threads leave incorrect answers alongside riddles that must be cracked.
Once all the riddles are cracked the thread with the correct answer will be
revealed.

Mostly Gizzards

"Red Swingline Stapler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> catwalker63 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I will reply once with the suggestion that you try using the actual
>> product being tested on as your main study tool. Nothing teaches like
>> experience.

> Aww, c'mon. You should reply to every thread with completely different
> answers just to keep 'em on their toes!
>
> Or better yet maybe only answer correctly in one thread. In all other
> threads leave incorrect answers alongside riddles that must be cracked.
> Once all the riddles are cracked the thread with the correct answer will
> be
> revealed.

Secret Decoder Ring sold separately.