Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Unattended installation

Unattended installation

funnysun

Hi guys,

I am trying to install win2k3 server with an answer file
(winnt.sif). the file is as following

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
AutoPartition=1
Repartiton=1
MsDosInitiated="0"
UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=No
TargetPath=\WINDOWS

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=*
EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=35
OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
ProductKey=xxxxxxxxx
FullName="mcse"
OrgName=""
ComputerName=2k3

[LicenseFilePrintData]
AutoMode=PerServer
AutoUsers=60

[Identification]
JoinDomain=mcsa

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

it was created by setup manager, however, windows is not able to find
harddirve(it's 10G hdd with no partition)
how should i modify this file to make windows setup find hdd?

many thx

funnysun

On Apr 15, 4:23 am, "funnysun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to install win2k3 server with an answer file
> (winnt.sif). the file is as following
>
> ;SetupMgrTag
> [Data]
> AutoPartition=1
> Repartiton=1
> MsDosInitiated="0"
> UnattendedInstall="Yes"
>
> [Unattended]
> UnattendMode=FullUnattended
> OemSkipEula=Yes
> OemPreinstall=No
> TargetPath=\WINDOWS
>
> [GuiUnattended]
> AdminPassword=*
> EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
> OEMSkipRegional=1
> TimeZone=35
> OemSkipWelcome=1
>
> [UserData]
> ProductKey=xxxxxxxxx
> FullName="mcse"
> OrgName=""
> ComputerName=2k3
>
> [LicenseFilePrintData]
> AutoMode=PerServer
> AutoUsers=60
>
> [Identification]
> JoinDomain=mcsa
>
> [Networking]
> InstallDefaultComponents=Yes
>
> it was created by setup manager, however, windows is not able to find
> harddirve(it's 10G hdd with no partition)
> how should i modify this file to make windows setup find hdd?
>
> many thx

nobody knows??

AJR

Quote "...(it's 10G hdd with no partition)..."- again "no partition"?

"funnysun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to install win2k3 server with an answer file
> (winnt.sif). the file is as following
>
> ;SetupMgrTag
> [Data]
> AutoPartition=1
> Repartiton=1
> MsDosInitiated="0"
> UnattendedInstall="Yes"
>
> [Unattended]
> UnattendMode=FullUnattended
> OemSkipEula=Yes
> OemPreinstall=No
> TargetPath=\WINDOWS
>
> [GuiUnattended]
> AdminPassword=*
> EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
> OEMSkipRegional=1
> TimeZone=35
> OemSkipWelcome=1
>
> [UserData]
> ProductKey=xxxxxxxxx
> FullName="mcse"
> OrgName=""
> ComputerName=2k3
>
> [LicenseFilePrintData]
> AutoMode=PerServer
> AutoUsers=60
>
> [Identification]
> JoinDomain=mcsa
>
> [Networking]
> InstallDefaultComponents=Yes
>

> it was created by setup manager, however, windows is not able to find
> harddirve(it's 10G hdd with no partition)
> how should i modify this file to make windows setup find hdd?
>
> many thx

Tyler Cobb

Is the hard drive SCSI or hardware RAID?