Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Practice Test with Wrong Answers?

Practice Test with Wrong Answers?

Michael

I'm studying for the 70-290 exam and am using the Readiness Review Suite
provided with the MSPress text book.

There is a question relating to security which I am sure is wrong.

Has anyone else used this practice test and noticed any wrong answers?

Thanks,
Michael

Michael D. Alligood

Post the question with the answers provided and lets take a look at it.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm studying for the 70-290 exam and am using the Readiness Review Suite
> provided with the MSPress text book.
>
> There is a question relating to security which I am sure is wrong.
>
> Has anyone else used this practice test and noticed any wrong answers?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

catwalker63

Michael piffled away vaguely:

> I'm studying for the 70-290 exam and am using the Readiness Review Suite
> provided with the MSPress text book.
>
> There is a question relating to security which I am sure is wrong.
>
> Has anyone else used this practice test and noticed any wrong answers?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Have you checked the errata for the book you are using?
--

Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

Michael

The question is quite long. The basic part I believe is wrong is the
following quote from the explanation:

"The Modify permission does not include the Delete Subfolders and Files
permission, so permanent employees cannot delete files form the Progress
folder. "

When I try this out the modify permissions for the parent folder get
inherited to all subfolders so......permanent employees can delete files in
subfolders.

So requirement 6 would be incorrect.

- Here's the questions with explanation -

A group of temporary employees has been hired by the Marketing department to
ramp up for an advertising campaign.

The employees have Active Directory Accounts that have been added to the
Temps domain global group.

The Temps domain global group has been added to the AdCampaign domain local
group.

The Marketing domain global group is also a member of the AdCampaign group.

The AdCampaign group has been granted Modify permission on the
PrintMaterials folder.

The PrintMaterials folder has three subfolders: Final, Review, and Progress.

The VP of Marketing is concerned that files might be accidentally placed in
the wrong folders, deleted, or modified after they have been approved. She
states that just yesterday, she found a file that had not been edited in the
Final folder. She has outlined the following access requirements:

-Both permanent and temporary employees should be able to add files to the
Progress folder.

-Both permanent and temporary employees should be able to change files in
the Progress folder.

-Both permanent and temporary employees should be able to add files to the
Review folder.

-No employees can delete files from the Final folder.

-No employees can delete files from the Review folder.

-Only permanent employees can delete files from the Progress folder.

-Only permanent employees should be able to add files to the Final folder.

-Only permanent employees should be able to change files in the Review
folder.

You add the following special permissions to the Progress folder and select
to apply the permission to all subfolders and files:

-Allow AdCampaign Create Files / Write Data

-Allow AdCampaign Create Folders/ Append Data

You add the following special permissions to the Review folder and select to
apply the permission to all subfolders and files:

-Allow AdCampaign Create Files / Write Data

-Allow Marketing Create Folders/ Append Data

You add the following special permissions to the Final folder and select to
apply the permission to all subfolders and files:

-Allow Marketing Create Files / Write Data

-Allow Marketing Create Folders/ Append Data

Which of the requirements are met by your solution?
1. >>Both permanent and temporary employees can add files to the Progress
folder. <Correct>
2. No employees can delete files from the Review folder. <Correct>
3. Only permanent employees can add files to the Final folder.
4. Only permanent employees can change files in the Review folder.
5. Only permanent employees can delete files from the Progress folder.
<Correct>
6. No employees can delete files from the Final folder. <Correct>
7. Both permanent and temporary employees can add files to the Review
folder. <Correct>
8. Both permanent and temporary employees can change files in the Progress
folder. <Correct>

Explanation:

The parent folder has the Modify permission assigned to the AdCampaign
group. By default, these permissions will propagate to the child folders and
files. Therefore, even without the explicit permissions, both temporary and
permanent employees will be able to add files to the Progress folder.

The Modify permission includes the ability to change existing files, so both
permanent and temporary employees will be able to change files in the
Progress folder.

The Modify permission will also propagate to the Review folder, so both
temporary and permanent employees can change files in the Progress folder.

The Modify permission does not include the Delete Subfolders and Files
permission, so no employees can delete files from the Final folder.

The Modify permission does not include the Delete Subfolders and Files
permission, so no employees can delete files from the Review folder.

The Modify permission does not include the Delete Subfolders and Files
permission, so permanent employees cannot delete files form the Progress
folder.

The inherited Modify permission allows all members of AdCampaign, including
those in Temps, to add files to the Final folder.

The inherited Modify permission allows all members of AdCampaign, including
those in Temps, to change files in the Review folder.

Tyler Cobb

I've noticed several statements and questions in the MS Press books that are
inaccurate. I've also noticed inaccuracies in just about any technical book
about operating systems and computers in general. It's nothing new. However,
in answer to your question, you're right. The book is also partially right.
The Modify permission doesn't include the Delete Subfolders and Files
permission, but it DOES include the Delete permission which is why the user
accounts can blow away any of those files and folders.

Tyler Cobb, MCP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The question is quite long. The basic part I believe is wrong is the
> following quote from the explanation:
>
> "The Modify permission does not include the Delete Subfolders and Files
> permission, so permanent employees cannot delete files form the Progress
> folder. "
>
> When I try this out the modify permissions for the parent folder get
> inherited to all subfolders so......permanent employees can delete files
> in
> subfolders.
>
> So requirement 6 would be incorrect.

Michael