Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > anyone know if 290 & 291 have been updated to R2?

anyone know if 290 & 291 have been updated to R2?

David

has 290 and/or 291 been updated to include coverage of Server 2003 R2? Where
do you find out about things like that?

Igor Smeghead

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:34:26 -0500, "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>has 290 and/or 291 been updated to include coverage of Server 2003 R2? Where
>do you find out about things like that?

I have not seen it OFFICIALLY announced, but I just bought the new
edition of the SYBEX book for the 70-291 and it says right on the
front cover "Includes updates for Server 2003 R2"

David

interesting. Thanks.

"Igor Smeghead" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:34:26 -0500, "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>has 290 and/or 291 been updated to include coverage of Server 2003 R2?
>>Where
>>do you find out about things like that?
>>

> I have not seen it OFFICIALLY announced, but I just bought the new
> edition of the SYBEX book for the 70-291 and it says right on the
> front cover "Includes updates for Server 2003 R2"

TBone

And on the eigth day "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> did cause the electrons
to come together and form the following words:

> has 290 and/or 291 been updated to include coverage of Server 2003 R2?
> Where do you find out about things like that?

www.microsoft.com/learning

-------

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

David

thanks.

"TBone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
> And on the eigth day "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> did cause the electrons
> to come together and form the following words:
>
>> has 290 and/or 291 been updated to include coverage of Server 2003 R2?
>> Where do you find out about things like that?

> www.microsoft.com/learning
>
> -------
>
> T-Bone
> MCNGP XL

McGlocktapus

I am working on 70-270 but bought the books for 70-290 and 70-291 so I could
use them for reference for work. They both come with trial versions of R2. So
I don't think they would give you one and test you on the other.

-Rich

"David" wrote:

> thanks.
>
> "TBone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
> > And on the eigth day "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> did cause the electrons
> > to come together and form the following words:
> >
> >> has 290 and/or 291 been updated to include coverage of Server 2003 R2?
> >> Where do you find out about things like that?

> > www.microsoft.com/learning
> >
> > -------
> >
> > T-Bone
> > MCNGP XL

David

no mention of R2 there. But really no mention of updates at all. Anyone know
of a more specific link where you might find this info? I realize some have
replied that recent books they have purchased include R2 coverage.... any of
you come accross actual mention in the book of the test being updated to
include R2 material? probably in the intro. Maybe I'll pop into BnB and
check out a book also to see. The reason I want to be sure is that I already
have some training material that I used but its a couple years old at this
point. If the test does not include R2 updates I think I could go take it
now, if it does, then I need to get new training material.

thanks for the replies thus far.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> has 290 and/or 291 been updated to include coverage of Server 2003 R2?
> Where do you find out about things like that?

catwalker63

David piffled away vaguely:

> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.mspx
>
> no mention of R2 there. But really no mention of updates at all. Anyone know
> of a more specific link where you might find this info? I realize some have
> replied that recent books they have purchased include R2 coverage.... any of
> you come accross actual mention in the book of the test being updated to
> include R2 material? probably in the intro. Maybe I'll pop into BnB and
> check out a book also to see. The reason I want to be sure is that I already
> have some training material that I used but its a couple years old at this
> point. If the test does not include R2 updates I think I could go take it
> now, if it does, then I need to get new training material.
>
> thanks for the replies thus far.
>
> "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> has 290 and/or 291 been updated to include coverage of Server 2003 R2?
>> Where do you find out about things like that?

Your best bet is to be prepared for both. There is a chance there will
be exam questions dealing with both since questions are expensive and
won't be appearing a disappearing quickly. I took 70-270 after SP2 and
I don't remember any confusion about what was being asked.

Examine the changes that are included in RC2 and look at the exam
objectives. You should be able to figure out if changes in RC2 will
affect the questions asked from that.
--

Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

McGlocktapus

Sorry for my previous answer. I just read in the Microsoft Press 70-290 that
the included OS includes R2 on a second disk but says don't install it
because it is not on the test. But I did get that book 40% off so maybe there
is a new book coming out. So I really am just adding more information to the
confusion.

-Rich

"catwalker63" wrote:

> David piffled away vaguely:
>
> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.mspx
> >
> > no mention of R2 there. But really no mention of updates at all. Anyone know
> > of a more specific link where you might find this info? I realize some have
> > replied that recent books they have purchased include R2 coverage.... any of
> > you come accross actual mention in the book of the test being updated to
> > include R2 material? probably in the intro. Maybe I'll pop into BnB and
> > check out a book also to see. The reason I want to be sure is that I already
> > have some training material that I used but its a couple years old at this
> > point. If the test does not include R2 updates I think I could go take it
> > now, if it does, then I need to get new training material.
> >
> > thanks for the replies thus far.
> >
> > "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> has 290 and/or 291 been updated to include coverage of Server 2003 R2?
> >> Where do you find out about things like that?
> >>

> Your best bet is to be prepared for both. There is a chance there will
> be exam questions dealing with both since questions are expensive and
> won't be appearing a disappearing quickly. I took 70-270 after SP2 and
> I don't remember any confusion about what was being asked.
>
> Examine the changes that are included in RC2 and look at the exam
> objectives. You should be able to figure out if changes in RC2 will
> affect the questions asked from that.
> --
>
> Catwalker
> aka Pu$$y Feet