Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > OT: Exam Insurance Date Extended

OT: Exam Insurance Date Extended

Michael D. Alligood

The $175 includes your first exam. You do not have to purchase the exam
insurance for $175 AND $125 for the Microsoft exam.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"vetaldj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Guys, can you please explaine me the benefits of exam insurance?
>
> Here's my understanding:
> I bought insurance for $175. Then I paid $125 for first exam.
> 1. Let's say I fail. And I have next exam free (but it's not free - you paid
> for it $175 already as insurance, didn't you?). Total cost for 2 attempts:
> $175+$125=$300 instead of $250.
> 2. You pass and you have 20% off next exam. You paid for 2 exams
> $175+$125+$100=$400 instead of $250.
>
> Am I miss something or what?
>
> Thanks
>
> "Michael D. Alligood" wrote:
>
> > Apologies I meant to multi-post this.
> >
> > --
> > Michael D. Alligood
> > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> > CIW Certified Instructor

> > "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> > > Visit my blog for details.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Michael D. Alligood
> > > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> > > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> > > CIW Certified Instructor
> > >
> > > http://yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

Michael D. Alligood

Not sure, but it is a hot topic now because of the TechNet Direct
subscription. However with the delay individuals are experiencing in
getting access to their subscription, it is not worth it IMHO.

Exam Insurance has its advantages tho. It is good for those individuals
who know the objectives, but have never been a good test taker.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

news:(E-Mail Removed):

> What the heck does anyone need with exam insurance?

Jtyc

What the heck does anyone need with exam insurance?

CBIC

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> MCSA, MCDST, MCP,

Tee Hee,Chuckle, Snort

Kline Sphere

>Exam Insurance has its advantages tho. It is good for those individuals
>who know the objectives, but have never been a good test taker.

by 'never been a good test taker' you mean such people who are unable
to point/click and drag/drop using a mouse or people that have
problems getting to the test center!!!

I mean, the format of these tests is so easy that even a retarded
OranguTan[man] would have no difficulty understanding the procedure
for taking these type of tests, you don't even have 'write'
anything!!!

As for 'those individuals who know the objectives', they'll pass the
test. If they don't, well, they never knew the material as well as
they thought. After all the damn answers are given to you for heavens
sake.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere

>What the heck does anyone need with exam insurance?

you're at the test center taking your exam when the roof collapses,
then what you going to do, ugh, think about.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Jtyc

> you're at the test center taking your exam when the roof collapses,
> then what you going to do, ugh, think about.

I'll just have to risk it.

kpg

Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news(E-Mail Removed):

>>Exam Insurance has its advantages tho. It is good for those individuals
>>who know the objectives, but have never been a good test taker.

> by 'never been a good test taker' you mean such people who are unable
> to point/click and drag/drop using a mouse or people that have
> problems getting to the test center!!!
>
> I mean, the format of these tests is so easy that even a retarded
> OranguTan[man] would have no difficulty understanding the procedure
> for taking these type of tests, you don't even have 'write'
> anything!!!
>
> As for 'those individuals who know the objectives', they'll pass the
> test. If they don't, well, they never knew the material as well as
> they thought. After all the damn answers are given to you for heavens
> sake.
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Insurance - of all sorts - is designed to prey upon your fears.
It is a proven technique for extracting money from your wallet.

That's not to say there is no benefit to it, if you are planning
to fail then it's worth it.

Many people do suffer from "Test Anxiety", but I submit that
these types of individuals will do poorly in a job that requires
an MCSE,

If you don't work well under the pressure of a test situation, how
the heck are you going to get the server back on line with your boss,
your job, and the companies third quarter earnings all hanging over
your head?

MCSE tests should be given in an environment similar to the one
used by astronauts in "The Right Stuff", No sleep for three days,
sirens, lights, and steam jets going off in your face - while dozens
of suits and lusers scream at you.

Hey, I just got an idea for an MCSE boot camp!

0x22

JaR

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

*chuckle*

JaR
Pvt, PFC, Sp4, Sgt USArmy (Ret)

JaR

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> MCSA, MCDST, MCP,

> Tee Hee,Chuckle, Snort

May I add a hearty guffaw?