Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Fresh start

Fresh start

Nightmare

I would like to start my MCSA. Where and how should I start? Any suggestion.

regards,
ALI

Michael D. Alligood

You start by performing RESEARCH. Have you visited the Microsoft
Learning Site? The MCSA certification site? What track do you wish to
pursue -- 2000 or 2003? All these links can be found on my blog (link
below). Research your question on the sites I suggested and then
determine the best course of action for yourself. If you would like us
to review your action steps and make suggestions, we would not mind.
However your question is a little vague and the answers can be very
broad. Review the sites I listed on my blog and get back with us.

Good Luck!

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Nightmare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I would like to start my MCSA. Where and how should I start? Any suggestion.
>
> regards,
> ALI

Nightmare

Thanks Jonathan,
but don't you think that 70-620 will replace 70-270 soon?

"Jonathan Roberts" wrote:

> Nightmare wrote:
> > I would like to start my MCSA. Where and how should I start? Any suggestion.
> >
> > regards,
> > ALI

> 70-270
>
> --
> "What a funny reply, but Professional qualities are not measured by
> turban or sombrero but with work, expereince, Qualifications. "

Nightmare

Thanks Michael for the help.
My original plan is to start with 2003 path by taking some courses and
reading some books. But now I think that Windows Vista 70-620 will replace
Windows XP 70-270 very soon. So, may be I should start with Windows server
2003 until the new materials for Windows Vista getting published.

your advice please

"Michael D. Alligood" wrote:

> You start by performing RESEARCH. Have you visited the Microsoft
> Learning Site? The MCSA certification site? What track do you wish to
> pursue -- 2000 or 2003? All these links can be found on my blog (link
> below). Research your question on the sites I suggested and then
> determine the best course of action for yourself. If you would like us
> to review your action steps and make suggestions, we would not mind.
> However your question is a little vague and the answers can be very
> broad. Review the sites I listed on my blog and get back with us.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor

> "Nightmare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I would like to start my MCSA. Where and how should I start? Any suggestion.
> >
> > regards,
> > ALI

Michael D. Alligood

Windows XP, nor the 70-270 exam, is not going anywhere. Many business
have openly voiced no immediate plans to roll out Vista in the near
future. Microsoft will continue to support Windows XP for awhile. Taking
the 70-270 exam will not be a waste of your time or resources. After
achieving your MCSA, you can test out on Vista. I will tell you this:
You will run into issues with your MCSA by not knowing how Windows XP
operates in a Windows 2003 network.

In viewing the "Skills being Measured" from the Microsoft Learning
website (visit my blog to easily locate the objectives) you will not see
Windows Vista anywhere on the objectives. The Vista exams are being
reevaluated (delayed) yet again. I totally appreciate how Microsoft
wants to "get it right." Let them take their time in producing a well
thought exam with the correct about of difficulty and content. In the
meantime, people and business will still continue to run Windows XP.
Remember this: Windows Vista's biggest competitor is not Apple, not any
flavor of mainstream Linux or UNIX; it is Windows XP.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
CIW Certified Instructor

"Nightmare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Thanks Michael for the help.
> My original plan is to start with 2003 path by taking some courses and
> reading some books. But now I think that Windows Vista 70-620 will replace
> Windows XP 70-270 very soon. So, may be I should start with Windows server
> 2003 until the new materials for Windows Vista getting published.
>
> your advice please
>
> "Michael D. Alligood" wrote:
>
> > You start by performing RESEARCH. Have you visited the Microsoft
> > Learning Site? The MCSA certification site? What track do you wish to
> > pursue -- 2000 or 2003? All these links can be found on my blog (link
> > below). Research your question on the sites I suggested and then
> > determine the best course of action for yourself. If you would like us
> > to review your action steps and make suggestions, we would not mind.
> > However your question is a little vague and the answers can be very
> > broad. Review the sites I listed on my blog and get back with us.
> >
> > Good Luck!
> >
> > --
> > Michael D. Alligood
> > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> > CIW Certified Instructor

> > "Nightmare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> > > I would like to start my MCSA. Where and how should I start? Any suggestion.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > > ALI

Maincat

"Nightmare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Michael for the help.
> My original plan is to start with 2003 path by taking some courses and
> reading some books. But now I think that Windows Vista 70-620 will replace
> Windows XP 70-270 very soon. So, may be I should start with Windows server
> 2003 until the new materials for Windows Vista getting published.

I think Windows XP will be supported until 2011. Do 70-270. But do visit
the Microsoft Learning site for more information.

--
Steve
CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP

catwalker63

Nightmare prattled ceaselessly:

> Thanks Jonathan,
> but don't you think that 70-620 will replace 70-270 soon?

No. Businesses are even still using Windows 2000 on many desktops. The
only people who should be using Vista right now are developers and
testers. Until an MS operating system reaches the first service pack
and has been in a test environment long enough to resolve issues, it
should not be deployed on the average desktop. You're looking at least
a year before it's ready for that. XP is not going anywhere for a long
while and you will need to know how to support it.

All that said, the first thing you need to do is get some experience.
Do you have experience with the MS products you plan to certify on?
--

Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

Nightmare

Thanks catwalker63.
I am already working on Windows XP and Windows 2003 server at my work.
I shall start studying for 70-270 exam.

"catwalker63" wrote:

> Nightmare prattled ceaselessly:
>
> > Thanks Jonathan,
> > but don't you think that 70-620 will replace 70-270 soon?
> >

> No. Businesses are even still using Windows 2000 on many desktops. The
> only people who should be using Vista right now are developers and
> testers. Until an MS operating system reaches the first service pack
> and has been in a test environment long enough to resolve issues, it
> should not be deployed on the average desktop. You're looking at least
> a year before it's ready for that. XP is not going anywhere for a long
> while and you will need to know how to support it.
>
> All that said, the first thing you need to do is get some experience.
> Do you have experience with the MS products you plan to certify on?
> --
>
> Catwalker
> aka Pu$$y Feet
> BS, MCSA, MCSE
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com

Nightmare

Thanks Jonathan,
I will start my learning.

"Jonathan Roberts" wrote:

> Nightmare wrote:
> > Thanks Jonathan,
> > but don't you think that 70-620 will replace 70-270 soon?

> No, in my opinion, XP will have value for many years. I would start there.

Nightmare

Thanks Maincat. I will do so.