Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > MCSA 2003 perspectives

MCSA 2003 perspectives

wassim

hi,
i am preparing for the 70-270 exam. However i am wondering whether a
microsoft track is better for me than a linux one.
I am interested in network admin, sys admin and security admin. I
thought i should first master OS technologies in order to advance in
the security field.
I already am CCNA certified.
What i mean is "should i follow all the MCSA track or just taking MCP
in windows XP then turning for Linux certs ( Linux+, LPI) and
security(Security+) ?

Thanks for your advice.

Maincat

I'm in a similar situation. I intend to get my MCSA in Windows Server 2003,
then if need be take Linux+.

Good luck with 70-270.

Steve

"wassim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> hi,
> i am preparing for the 70-270 exam. However i am wondering whether a
> microsoft track is better for me than a linux one.
> I am interested in network admin, sys admin and security admin. I
> thought i should first master OS technologies in order to advance in
> the security field.
> I already am CCNA certified.
> What i mean is "should i follow all the MCSA track or just taking MCP
> in windows XP then turning for Linux certs ( Linux+, LPI) and
> security(Security+) ?
>
> Thanks for your advice.

Michael D. Alligood

> i am preparing for the 70-270 exam. However i am wondering whether a
> microsoft track is better for me than a linux one.

Do you mean you are wondering if a Linux track is better than a
Microsoft track -- since you are already studying the Microsoft track.
Regardless, let me ask you this; During all your experience, how many
Linux servers verses Microsoft servers have you interacted with? I can
tell you that I have never ran into a Linux server in one of my clients
or anyone I have worked for.

Look at the market share, and that should give you a very good answer as
to what technology you should concentrate on. I am not saying to nix
Linux altogether; not at all. Just do not invest the time into it as you
would something with a higher market share; i.e. Microsoft technologies.

I would advise you to follow and finish your MCSA Track, then pursue any
Linux certification program you like.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

"wassim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> hi,
> i am preparing for the 70-270 exam. However i am wondering whether a
> microsoft track is better for me than a linux one.
> I am interested in network admin, sys admin and security admin. I
> thought i should first master OS technologies in order to advance in
> the security field.
> I already am CCNA certified.
> What i mean is "should i follow all the MCSA track or just taking MCP
> in windows XP then turning for Linux certs ( Linux+, LPI) and
> security(Security+) ?
>
> Thanks for your advice.

Michael D. Alligood

BTW, as far as security goes; the Security+ certification counts as an
elective for your MCSA 2003 track. So there is 2 birds with one stone.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
CIW Certified Instructor

http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

"wassim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> hi,
> i am preparing for the 70-270 exam. However i am wondering whether a
> microsoft track is better for me than a linux one.
> I am interested in network admin, sys admin and security admin. I
> thought i should first master OS technologies in order to advance in
> the security field.
> I already am CCNA certified.
> What i mean is "should i follow all the MCSA track or just taking MCP
> in windows XP then turning for Linux certs ( Linux+, LPI) and
> security(Security+) ?
>
> Thanks for your advice.

wassim

Thank you very much Mr Alligood.
Now I should concentrate on the MCSA 2003 track.
Good luck for everone in this track too.

On Jan 28, 6:20 pm, "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> BTW, as far as security goes; the Security+ certification counts as an
> elective for your MCSA 2003 track. So there is 2 birds with one stone.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor
>
> http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom
>
> "wassim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in messagenews:(E-Mail Removed) ooglegroups.com:
>
> > hi,
> > i am preparing for the 70-270 exam. However i am wondering whether a
> > microsoft track is better for me than a linux one.
> > I am interested in network admin, sys admin and security admin. I
> > thought i should first master OS technologies in order to advance in
> > the security field.
> > I already am CCNA certified.
> > What i mean is "should i follow all the MCSA track or just taking MCP
> > in windows XP then turning for Linux certs ( Linux+, LPI) and
> > security(Security+) ?

> > Thanks for your advice.

Michael D. Alligood

No problem. I am glad I could provide you with some assistants. Good
luck, and I am sure we will be hearing more from you. You can utilize
this and other newsgroups if you run onto any problems. Again, Good
Luck.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
CIW Certified Instructor

http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

"wassim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> Thank you very much Mr Alligood.
> Now I should concentrate on the MCSA 2003 track.
> Good luck for everone in this track too.
>

> On Jan 28, 6:20 pm, "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> > BTW, as far as security goes; the Security+ certification counts as an
> > elective for your MCSA 2003 track. So there is 2 birds with one stone.
> >
> > --
> > Michael D. Alligood
> > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> > CIW Certified Instructor
> >
> > http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom
> >
> > "wassim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in messagenews:(E-Mail Removed) ooglegroups.com:
> >
> > > hi,
> > > i am preparing for the 70-270 exam. However i am wondering whether a
> > > microsoft track is better for me than a linux one.
> > > I am interested in network admin, sys admin and security admin. I
> > > thought i should first master OS technologies in order to advance in
> > > the security field.
> > > I already am CCNA certified.
> > > What i mean is "should i follow all the MCSA track or just taking MCP
> > > in windows XP then turning for Linux certs ( Linux+, LPI) and
> > > security(Security+) ?

> > > Thanks for your advice.

hello... just want to ask if you have an

"wassim" wrote:

> hi,
> i am preparing for the 70-270 exam. However i am wondering whether a
> microsoft track is better for me than a linux one.
> I am interested in network admin, sys admin and security admin. I
> thought i should first master OS technologies in order to advance in
> the security field.
> I already am CCNA certified.
> What i mean is "should i follow all the MCSA track or just taking MCP
> in windows XP then turning for Linux certs ( Linux+, LPI) and
> security(Security+) ?
>
> Thanks for your advice.

hello... just want to ask if you have an

hello,, I just passed my MCP last September and I'm planning to take MCSA
this year.. Is there any one who can give me reviewer or any Ebooks for MCSA
and tips before I take the exam..? You can send it trough my email.
((E-Mail Removed)...Tnx.. Hope...you can help me..God bless..

ZiqZaq

hello... just want to ask if you have an wrote:
> hello,, I just passed my MCP last September and I'm planning to take MCSA
> this year.. Is there any one who can give me reviewer or any Ebooks for MCSA
> and tips before I take the exam..? You can send it trough my email.
> ((E-Mail Removed)...Tnx.. Hope...you can help me..God bless..

Why should I? Kust google you jerk!