Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Just passed the 70-290

Just passed the 70-290

redluck

I passed the 70-290 exam and it was definitely a very challenging test,
but I think Micrsoft put together a good exam. I'm not going to go
into career threatening details, but I liked the format and, after a
year of working with Server 2003 and Active Directory, I feel it is a
good test of the real skills you need to manage a Server 2003
environment.

For those people preparing for the 70-290, I studied the Microsoft
Press book for the exam pretty thoroughly, did all of the practice
tests on the accompanying CD, and I used quickcert.com's instructional
videos and practice tests (their downloadable text books are pretty
terrible.) Nothing is going to tell you exactly what the exam will ask
of you, but putting all of these things together made me feel prepared
and paid off. I only scored just above the minimum to pass, but
passing is passing and I'm looking forward to the 70-291 (and finally
finishing my MCSA).

Michael D. Alligood

Congrats and good luck with the 70-291 exam. Take some time to really
study the services (DHCP, DNS, etc.)

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

"redluck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com:

> I passed the 70-290 exam and it was definitely a very challenging test,
> but I think Micrsoft put together a good exam. I'm not going to go
> into career threatening details, but I liked the format and, after a
> year of working with Server 2003 and Active Directory, I feel it is a
> good test of the real skills you need to manage a Server 2003
> environment.
>
> For those people preparing for the 70-290, I studied the Microsoft
> Press book for the exam pretty thoroughly, did all of the practice
> tests on the accompanying CD, and I used quickcert.com's instructional
> videos and practice tests (their downloadable text books are pretty
> terrible.) Nothing is going to tell you exactly what the exam will ask
> of you, but putting all of these things together made me feel prepared
> and paid off. I only scored just above the minimum to pass, but
> passing is passing and I'm looking forward to the 70-291 (and finally
> finishing my MCSA).

Methos

I found 291 to be very tuff dude, so really make sure you understand the
concepts.

I had to do the exam twice to pass it and its a massive relief when you see
that
"Congratulation you have passed" spring up!

Best of luck for the future!

"Michael D. Alligood" wrote:

> Congrats and good luck with the 70-291 exam. Take some time to really
> study the services (DHCP, DNS, etc.)
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor
>
> http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom
>

> "redluck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com:
>
> > I passed the 70-290 exam and it was definitely a very challenging test,
> > but I think Micrsoft put together a good exam. I'm not going to go
> > into career threatening details, but I liked the format and, after a
> > year of working with Server 2003 and Active Directory, I feel it is a
> > good test of the real skills you need to manage a Server 2003
> > environment.
> >
> > For those people preparing for the 70-290, I studied the Microsoft
> > Press book for the exam pretty thoroughly, did all of the practice
> > tests on the accompanying CD, and I used quickcert.com's instructional
> > videos and practice tests (their downloadable text books are pretty
> > terrible.) Nothing is going to tell you exactly what the exam will ask
> > of you, but putting all of these things together made me feel prepared
> > and paid off. I only scored just above the minimum to pass, but
> > passing is passing and I'm looking forward to the 70-291 (and finally
> > finishing my MCSA).

Armand Collin

Congratulations!

I also passed 70-290, the day before yesterday. Now I'm going to start
studying for 70-291.

Does anybody know if there is calculator available for 291 and if it is
scientific?

Cheers,
Armand

"redluck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>I passed the 70-290 exam and it was definitely a very challenging test,
> but I think Micrsoft put together a good exam. I'm not going to go
> into career threatening details, but I liked the format and, after a
> year of working with Server 2003 and Active Directory, I feel it is a
> good test of the real skills you need to manage a Server 2003
> environment.
>
> For those people preparing for the 70-290, I studied the Microsoft
> Press book for the exam pretty thoroughly, did all of the practice
> tests on the accompanying CD, and I used quickcert.com's instructional
> videos and practice tests (their downloadable text books are pretty
> terrible.) Nothing is going to tell you exactly what the exam will ask
> of you, but putting all of these things together made me feel prepared
> and paid off. I only scored just above the minimum to pass, but
> passing is passing and I'm looking forward to the 70-291 (and finally
> finishing my MCSA).

Methos

there is one in every exam )

"Armand Collin" wrote:

> Congratulations!
>
> I also passed 70-290, the day before yesterday. Now I'm going to start
> studying for 70-291.
>
> Does anybody know if there is calculator available for 291 and if it is
> scientific?
>
> Cheers,
> Armand
>
> "redluck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> >I passed the 70-290 exam and it was definitely a very challenging test,
> > but I think Micrsoft put together a good exam. I'm not going to go
> > into career threatening details, but I liked the format and, after a
> > year of working with Server 2003 and Active Directory, I feel it is a
> > good test of the real skills you need to manage a Server 2003
> > environment.
> >
> > For those people preparing for the 70-290, I studied the Microsoft
> > Press book for the exam pretty thoroughly, did all of the practice
> > tests on the accompanying CD, and I used quickcert.com's instructional
> > videos and practice tests (their downloadable text books are pretty
> > terrible.) Nothing is going to tell you exactly what the exam will ask
> > of you, but putting all of these things together made me feel prepared
> > and paid off. I only scored just above the minimum to pass, but
> > passing is passing and I'm looking forward to the 70-291 (and finally
> > finishing my MCSA).

Fraser Scott, MCP

Hi Well done. I passed my 70-290 yesterday 30 Jan. Found a few crefully
worded questions from the boffins at microsoft, but got through it.

Looking forward to 291 now..... }

Fraser