Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Microsoft Practice Exams - 70-290

Microsoft Practice Exams - 70-290

Ben UK

I'm currently getting ready for my 70-290 exam, hope to take it later this
year.
I'm using the Microsoft Training Kit book for my preparation and the
accompanying CD for practice tests.
There are two types of tests on the CD - Objective Review & Practice Tests.
Could someone tell me the difference between the two types of tests and
which is the best to use?
Thanks

AJR

Ben UK - Use both. The Objective Review is just that - questions reviewing a
specific objective (chapter) in the book - the practice tests cover all
objectives.
My experience with the Microsoft books is that the objective review tests
are "easy" relative to the CD practice tests - I recommend you do not use
them to monitor progress
Also consider other text such as "Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Administrator's Pocket Consultant" by William R. Stanek. It is not a study
guide as such (no questions), however it great for preparation for both the
290 and 291 exams. Look at guides by Sybex.

"Ben UK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm currently getting ready for my 70-290 exam, hope to take it later this
> year.
> I'm using the Microsoft Training Kit book for my preparation and the
> accompanying CD for practice tests.
> There are two types of tests on the CD - Objective Review & Practice
> Tests.
> Could someone tell me the difference between the two types of tests and
> which is the best to use?
> Thanks

Ben UK

Thanks for the reply...I have now ordered the book

"AJR" wrote:

> Ben UK - Use both. The Objective Review is just that - questions reviewing a
> specific objective (chapter) in the book - the practice tests cover all
> objectives.
> My experience with the Microsoft books is that the objective review tests
> are "easy" relative to the CD practice tests - I recommend you do not use
> them to monitor progress
> Also consider other text such as "Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> Administrator's Pocket Consultant" by William R. Stanek. It is not a study
> guide as such (no questions), however it great for preparation for both the
> 290 and 291 exams. Look at guides by Sybex.
>

> "Ben UK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm currently getting ready for my 70-290 exam, hope to take it later this
> > year.
> > I'm using the Microsoft Training Kit book for my preparation and the
> > accompanying CD for practice tests.
> > There are two types of tests on the CD - Objective Review & Practice
> > Tests.
> > Could someone tell me the difference between the two types of tests and
> > which is the best to use?
> > Thanks

BD [MCNGP]

"AJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ben UK - Use both. The Objective Review is just that - questions reviewing
> a specific objective (chapter) in the book - the practice tests cover all
> objectives.
> My experience with the Microsoft books is that the objective review tests
> are "easy" relative to the CD practice tests - I recommend you do not use
> them to monitor progress
> Also consider other text such as "Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> Administrator's Pocket Consultant" by William R. Stanek. It is not a
> study guide as such (no questions), however it great for preparation for
> both the 290 and 291 exams. Look at guides by Sybex.

Wow, not suggesting t3$tk!ng anymore, huh?

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...0?dmode=source

--
BD
MCNGP #51