Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > MCSA Lab Setup

MCSA Lab Setup

davidcjackson

Hi Guys,

I wonder if i could ask a question or two please?
I've done the 3 core NT4 exams quiet some time ago and im going to give
the MCSA a shot as i really need to update my certs...

As i dont have access to a Win2003 server at work, what sort of setup would
i need at home to simulate a realistic enviroment??

Would i need Server plus 2 workstations etc?? Or could i setup some virtual
machines instead??

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Regards,
Dave...

silas

To be quite honest, for your 070-290 test you can just use Microsoft Virtual
PC, it is free. Also, register with Microsoft to obtain an evaluation copy
of Windows 2003 Server. What is good about this that when you setup
everything, the Virtual PC gets its own IP address. So you can still use
your current computer and use the server OS at the same time. When you
start getting into the more advanced exams, you may want to invest in
another box. If you have a school district next to where you live, you can
ask them above a surplus warehouse. They usually charge $25 (US) for a
Pentium 3 or 4 with 64 or 128 MB of RAM. It is not bad for a practice
machine.

Good luck.

"davidcjackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Guys,
>
> I wonder if i could ask a question or two please?
> I've done the 3 core NT4 exams quiet some time ago and im going to
> give
> the MCSA a shot as i really need to update my certs...
>
> As i dont have access to a Win2003 server at work, what sort of setup
> would
> i need at home to simulate a realistic enviroment??
>
> Would i need Server plus 2 workstations etc?? Or could i setup some
> virtual
> machines instead??
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated..
> Regards,
> Dave...

davidcjackson

Hi Silas,

sounds liike a plan!
Thanks very much for you time and thought!!
Going to be a busy weekend!!
Dave...