Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > MCSA/MCSE and 70-290 and 70-291 study guides

MCSA/MCSE and 70-290 and 70-291 study guides

winikeh

I am wondering what books or other materials people reccomend from experience
for studying. I have been seriously considering purchasing either sybex or
mspress, most likely sybex. Thanks in advance for all your help

Jason

I am using the MSPress book after reading the reviews on it. I may also buy
the sybex book as well.

"winikeh" wrote:

> I am wondering what books or other materials people reccomend from experience
> for studying. I have been seriously considering purchasing either sybex or
> mspress, most likely sybex. Thanks in advance for all your help

AJR

You will get some recommendations regarding the MSPress kits - in my opinion
the "practice" exams do not accurately reflect actual certification exams -
you will note that on the exams included with the books you do extremely
well -but, at first, not much success with the CD exams.
I recommend the following: Sybex's "MCSA/MCSE Windows Server 2003 Network
Infrastructure..... study guide". in addition to electronic flashcards, and
very important, it includes WinSim 2003 simulation software. To the best of
my knowledge, it is the only guide that provides simulations.
My second recommendation is "Windows Server 2003 Administrator's Pocket
Consultant" MSpress by W.R Stanek (I think he is also the author of the
MSPress training kit). It is not a study guide but, in an easy flow
manner, details Windows Server 2003.
I may add that I spent a lot of time, and Starbuck's coffee, in Barnes and
Noble Book Store reviewing a lot of "stuff'.

"winikeh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am wondering what books or other materials people reccomend from
>experience
> for studying. I have been seriously considering purchasing either sybex
> or
> mspress, most likely sybex. Thanks in advance for all your help

"winikeh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am wondering what books or other materials people reccomend from

experience
> for studying. I have been seriously considering purchasing either sybex

or
> mspress, most likely sybex. Thanks in advance for all your help

Here are some good books for you to check out:
MCSA:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.ht..._encoding=UTF8

MCSE:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.ht..._encoding=UTF8