Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-290/291 SIMS

70-290/291 SIMS

MyHertz

Hello all!

I'm preparing for the 290 and 291 test. I have some experience, more class
room experience with server, and I'm wondering what I can do to prepare for
the 290-291 sims? I have been studying Cert Blaster (school software) and
Tanscender. I got the theory down, need to know the "practical
administration" now.

Any comments and help is very welcome.

Thanks.
--
MCP, A+

Montreal MCSA

Hi MyHertz,

You mentioned a lot of study methods and classroom work but you have not
mentioned if you have set up a server and are working with it. When I
started studying for my certs way back when so much of it was theory... I sat
through the MOC classes and was convinced I was ready for the exam, but the
truth is it was only one part of it. I had to go home, set up a server
environment and play with it - break it, fix it, get it wrong then make it
right. If you do that I think you are most of the way to being able to pass
the tests.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

MDG, MCSA

"MyHertz" wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I'm preparing for the 290 and 291 test. I have some experience, more class
> room experience with server, and I'm wondering what I can do to prepare for
> the 290-291 sims? I have been studying Cert Blaster (school software) and
> Tanscender. I got the theory down, need to know the "practical
> administration" now.
>
> Any comments and help is very welcome.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> MCP, A+

MyHertz

Yeah, I have Server 2003 installed, student trial version. I guess I will get
to breakin . I just aquired a new laptop so I can now mess around with
VPN's and remote access etc.

Thanks

--
MCP, A+

"Montreal MCSA" wrote:

> Hi MyHertz,
>
> You mentioned a lot of study methods and classroom work but you have not
> mentioned if you have set up a server and are working with it. When I
> started studying for my certs way back when so much of it was theory... I sat
> through the MOC classes and was convinced I was ready for the exam, but the
> truth is it was only one part of it. I had to go home, set up a server
> environment and play with it - break it, fix it, get it wrong then make it
> right. If you do that I think you are most of the way to being able to pass
> the tests.
>
> Good luck and let us know how it goes!

> MDG, MCSA
>

> "MyHertz" wrote:
>
> > Hello all!
> >
> > I'm preparing for the 290 and 291 test. I have some experience, more class
> > room experience with server, and I'm wondering what I can do to prepare for
> > the 290-291 sims? I have been studying Cert Blaster (school software) and
> > Tanscender. I got the theory down, need to know the "practical
> > administration" now.
> >
> > Any comments and help is very welcome.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > MCP, A+

Montreal MCSA

Hey MyHertz,

Just a friendly ask that when you ask a question and someone gives you a
satisfactory answer if you could just give the nod... some of us need the
stats

Thanks!

MDG, MCSA

"MyHertz" wrote:

> Yeah, I have Server 2003 installed, student trial version. I guess I will get
> to breakin . I just aquired a new laptop so I can now mess around with
> VPN's and remote access etc.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> MCP, A+
>

> "Montreal MCSA" wrote:
>
> > Hi MyHertz,
> >
> > You mentioned a lot of study methods and classroom work but you have not
> > mentioned if you have set up a server and are working with it. When I
> > started studying for my certs way back when so much of it was theory... I sat
> > through the MOC classes and was convinced I was ready for the exam, but the
> > truth is it was only one part of it. I had to go home, set up a server
> > environment and play with it - break it, fix it, get it wrong then make it
> > right. If you do that I think you are most of the way to being able to pass
> > the tests.
> >
> > Good luck and let us know how it goes!

> > --
> > MDG, MCSA
> >

> > "MyHertz" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all!
> > >
> > > I'm preparing for the 290 and 291 test. I have some experience, more class
> > > room experience with server, and I'm wondering what I can do to prepare for
> > > the 290-291 sims? I have been studying Cert Blaster (school software) and
> > > Tanscender. I got the theory down, need to know the "practical
> > > administration" now.
> > >
> > > Any comments and help is very welcome.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > > --
> > > MCP, A+

70-292 Sims or Hot Spots =?Utf-8?B?S2ViaXNob3AzMQ==?= MCSE 3 09-28-2005 05:32 PM
70-293/294 Sims? =?Utf-8?B?U2xpZGU3MQ==?= MCSE 4 09-16-2005 04:31 PM
293/4 now with sims? James MCSE 0 07-05-2005 06:54 PM
Feedback - CiscoWorks SIMS George Cisco 2 07-02-2004 01:42 PM
Re: the sims Gary G. Taylor Computer Support 0 06-28-2003 09:29 PM

Advertisments