Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > In Exam Post Test Comments?

In Exam Post Test Comments?

Garth H

No, it's not what you think.

I've been doing the prep for 70-270. In particular Transcenders for that
exam.

One thing I've noticed about the exam sims is that despite the question
being pretty well framed, the answers (usually the correct answers) just
come out of nowhere. I agree that they're right, but there really is a
substantial gap in the steps one takes to arrive at that answer.

Have you, or anyone you know of, gotten a failing score on an MS exam at
the test center, but ended up passing because of comments made on
questions they got wrong?

Just curious because I really can see myself doing just that. I know
what to do, but it sure does seem like a lot of the prep questions I've
seen count on jumping to conclusions rather than a solid understanding
of the OS and good troubleshooting skills.

--
Garth H
Microsoft Certified Professional

Dennis

Nope, when I fail, I fail good enough that no comment in the whole would get
me a pass.
--
Cheers,

Dennis

"Garth H" wrote:

> No, it's not what you think.
>
> I've been doing the prep for 70-270. In particular Transcenders for that
> exam.
>
> One thing I've noticed about the exam sims is that despite the question
> being pretty well framed, the answers (usually the correct answers) just
> come out of nowhere. I agree that they're right, but there really is a
> substantial gap in the steps one takes to arrive at that answer.
>
> Have you, or anyone you know of, gotten a failing score on an MS exam at
> the test center, but ended up passing because of comments made on
> questions they got wrong?
>
> Just curious because I really can see myself doing just that. I know
> what to do, but it sure does seem like a lot of the prep questions I've
> seen count on jumping to conclusions rather than a solid understanding
> of the OS and good troubleshooting skills.
>
> --
> Garth H
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Macromedia Certified Developer

Montreal MCSA

Hi Garth,

The exam creation process is pretty airtight, so much so that it is very
unlikely that an answer will be wrong. Though your comments are read they
are read with a mind to improve the exam questions and exam process in
general. The Learning people will NEVER overturn an exam result nor alter a
grade... unless the taker has been found to be cheating.

Sorry to be the bearer (rather confirmer) of bad news, but the questions on
the exam are slightly more carefully thought out than the Transcenders ones.

Good luck!

MDG, MCSA