Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > New Certification Cards with micki mouse look

New Certification Cards with micki mouse look

Matthew

After achieving my MCSA a few months ago I ordered off for the new MCSA
Welcome Kit, only to get it to find that the certificate and certification
card looks unbelievable cheap and tacky. I cannot believe that this looks so
bad, as you spend so much time studying and these exams are not cheap and
their (Microsoft) reward you with a card that looks unbelievably cheap! The
old MCP card I have looks miles better which I got in 2004!

Do you know if future-cards will look worth the paper/card there’re written
on?

These certifications deserve better!

Mostly Gizzards

I ordered my MCSA kit 3 weeks ago and still have not received it. In
addition to that, when I pass 284 tomorrow I'll be a MCSE. Is that normal
to take nearly a month (or longer) to get a welcome kit?

--
Mostly Gizzards

A+ Network+ MCSA

"Matthew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After achieving my MCSA a few months ago I ordered off for the new MCSA
> Welcome Kit, only to get it to find that the certificate and certification
> card looks unbelievable cheap and tacky. I cannot believe that this looks
> so
> bad, as you spend so much time studying and these exams are not cheap and
> their (Microsoft) reward you with a card that looks unbelievably cheap!
> The
> old MCP card I have looks miles better which I got in 2004!
>
> Do you know if future-cards will look worth the paper/card there're
> written
> on?
>
> These certifications deserve better!

Matthew

Yes it can mine took something like 3-4weeks, if you don't get it betime
4weeks send them an email.

"Mostly Gizzards" wrote:

> I ordered my MCSA kit 3 weeks ago and still have not received it. In
> addition to that, when I pass 284 tomorrow I'll be a MCSE. Is that normal
> to take nearly a month (or longer) to get a welcome kit?
>
> --
> Mostly Gizzards
>
> A+ Network+ MCSA
>

> "Matthew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > After achieving my MCSA a few months ago I ordered off for the new MCSA
> > Welcome Kit, only to get it to find that the certificate and certification
> > card looks unbelievable cheap and tacky. I cannot believe that this looks
> > so
> > bad, as you spend so much time studying and these exams are not cheap and
> > their (Microsoft) reward you with a card that looks unbelievably cheap!
> > The
> > old MCP card I have looks miles better which I got in 2004!
> >
> > Do you know if future-cards will look worth the paper/card there're
> > written
> > on?
> >
> > These certifications deserve better!

<< While I was at work, Matthew spurted out:
> After achieving my MCSA a few months ago I ordered off for the new
> MCSA Welcome Kit, only to get it to find that the certificate and
> certification card looks unbelievable cheap and tacky. I cannot
> believe that this looks so bad, as you spend so much time studying
> and these exams are not cheap and their (Microsoft) reward you with a
> card that looks unbelievably cheap! The old MCP card I have looks
> miles better which I got in 2004!
>
> Do you know if future-cards will look worth the paper/card there're
> written on?
>
> These certifications deserve better!

You wanna know WHY they look "Cheap and Tacky"?? Because that is exactly what
this field is becoming. Why should M$ WASTE good money on Expensive
certificates if more than 50% of the people that get the certifications are
acquiring them illegally (i.e. Br@indumps).

I totally agree with you, these certifications do deserve better....but until we
can stop the @$$fuŠkers from stealing our certifications, I don't blame M$ one
iota.

--
BD
MCNGP #00110011

Death from Above

> if more than 50% of the people that get the certifications are
> acquiring them illegally (i.e. Br@indumps).

That just reminded me of something. 87% of all statistics are made up.

Death from Above

<< While I was at work, Death from Above spurted out:
>> if more than 50% of the people that get the certifications are
>> acquiring them illegally (i.e. Br@indumps).

> That just reminded me of something. 87% of all statistics are made
> up.
>

> Death from Above

And 90% of the US population believes they are of "Above Average Intelligence"
--
BD
MCNGP #00110011
-- MCNGP.com - The Proof is in the Pudding

Briscobar

BD <BD> rambled:

>> These certifications deserve better!
>>

> You wanna know WHY they look "Cheap and Tacky"?? Because that is
> exactly what this field is becoming. Why should M$ WASTE good money
> on Expensive certificates if more than 50% of the people that get the
> certifications are acquiring them illegally (i.e. Br@indumps).
>
> I totally agree with you, these certifications do deserve
> better....but until we can stop the @$$fuŠkers from stealing our
> certifications, I don't blame M$ one iota.

Let me start off by saying I agree...but as Death from Above alluded to,
there's another issue here I'd like to get cleared up, especially amongst
the MCNGP.

How do we know that "more than 50%" of testtakers dump their way through it?
Or more than 5%? Or screw it, 500%, if that were possible? The truth is we
just don't know, and I doubt we'll ever have any reliable way to take even a
remotely educated guess. Sure, we get 10, 15, whatever, morans a month in
the NGs asking for dumps for 070-xxx, but if and when they're discouraged
(either because of us or because they can't find them for free), how do we
know they actually took the exam? Or took it and passed? Or were just trolls
trying to rile us up? We don't.

I'm not saying dumpers don't exist and aren't infesting our community,
because they obviously are, but to what extent? I know a few MC**, and all
but one is capable, and I wouldn't suspect of dumping (I have never bluntly
asked any of them). For every legit MCSE, is there a dumper waiting to take
his job? Two? For every legit MCP, how many vinays, kellymes, wonghs, and
cobols are there? I'm quite positive the overall capability of your average
MC** has gone down in the last few years, but is that ONLY due to dumpers
and HR departments catching on to their insidious ways? Surely there could
be another contributing factor, couldn't there?

I just don't think we (the MCNGP) should get all bent out of shape when the
word "braindump" comes up in conversation, as we don't know its vastness.
Yes, there are dumpers, and yes they deserve to be vilified. But I don't
think we can attribute all of the tech world's problems to cheaters. I'd
love it if that were the case, but there's so many reasons why
certifications aren't what they used to be:

1) Of course, dumpers.
2) College graduates. They're at an all-time high.
3) Economy. Hire the guy with "potential", not the guy who's proven himself.
He's cheaper. That's how I got my job.
4) Google. Well, not Google specifically, but the new corporate culture of
free-wheeling,-hippie-open source-liberal-"don't be evil"-ness. While this
in itself doesn't make me hate Corporate America, it does make it look less
attractive. Oh, and hey, Microsoft is the epitomy of Corporate America.

....and probably a few hundred more factors that i'm oblivious to as well.

All in all, I'm not saying that dumpers aren't responsible for the slacking
reputation of Microsoft certs, and I'm not saying that we overreact to them,
and I'm not saying that http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) doesn't give them what they
deserve. I'm just saying that that we simply don't know if THEY ALONE are
the cause, or even the primary cause of the decline of the certs. Because,
quite frankly, it is extremely possible to be a good book learner, get good
grades in class, and even demonstrate skill in a classroom setting, and
still be a total incompetent d0uchebag when it comes to the real world.

Just sayin.

--
KB

MCNGP #26
nerd32768 needs your business. Visit www.mcngp.com today.

Consultant

id like to just point my finger at and blame the dutch. we all know that is
truly where the problem lies.

news:%23vucK8%(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

> less
> attractive. Oh, and hey, Microsoft is the epitomy of Corporate America.
>
> ...and probably a few hundred more factors that i'm oblivious to as well.
>
> All in all, I'm not saying that dumpers aren't responsible for the
> slacking
> reputation of Microsoft certs, and I'm not saying that we overreact to
> them,
> and I'm not saying that (E-Mail Removed) doesn't give them what they
> deserve. I'm just saying that that we simply don't know if THEY ALONE are
> the cause, or even the primary cause of the decline of the certs. Because,
> quite frankly, it is extremely possible to be a good book learner, get
> good
> grades in class, and even demonstrate skill in a classroom setting, and
> still be a total incompetent d0uchebag when it comes to the real world.

Chris

<Briscobar snippage>

This guy's good.

Death from Above

<snip>

Well said.

The places that I have worked have all respected Microsoft certifications.
At my last job and at my current employer, I have been involved in hiring
several people. Having Microsoft certifications does get you noticed but it
also means that more is expected from the candidate. If they have cheated
their way through the certification, or if they have falsified their resume,
it will be easily discovered in the phone interview. I've actually been
surprised by the small number of candidates with certifications. But I am a
developer and those certifications aren't nearly as popular as the IT
certifications.

Death from Above

Old certification track vs new certification track. Barkley Hughes MCAD 5 11-12-2006 02:41 PM
MCP Certification and the new certification tracks =?Utf-8?B?cm9oYW4=?= Microsoft Certification 2 10-29-2006 05:17 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: THE MAN WITHOUT A PAST, MICKI AND MAUDE, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 11-13-2003 10:04 AM

Advertisments