Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > HAS ANYONE DONE THE SERVER EXAM

HAS ANYONE DONE THE SERVER EXAM

Gareth C

Hi just wondering if i could get advice on the server managing and maitaining
a server environment ?

Mostly Gizzards

Setup 3 servers and get a good book. I've had good luck with QUE books.
(ISBN 0789729350)
Experience makes the test so much easier, so make sure and practice practice
practice.

--
Mostly Gizzards

A+ Network+ MCSA

"Gareth C" <Gareth http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi just wondering if i could get advice on the server managing and
> maitaining
> a server environment ?

AJR

After spending a lot of time at the local Barnes and Noble bookstore - and
shelling out for several books (about five) - I found the following two to
be great.
For the 70-290 exam: Microsoft Press "Windows Server 2003 Administrator's
Pocket Consultant" - not a study guide but as good as any at a decent price.
For the 70-291 exam: Sybex "MCSA/MCSE Windows Server 2003 Network
Infrastructure Implementation, Management and Maintenance Study Guide
(70-291)" (A mouthful) - includes about eight movie clips and five
simulations.

"Mostly Gizzards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Setup 3 servers and get a good book. I've had good luck with QUE books.
> (ISBN 0789729350)
> Experience makes the test so much easier, so make sure and practice
> practice practice.
>
> --
> Mostly Gizzards
>
> A+ Network+ MCSA
>

> "Gareth C" <Gareth (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi just wondering if i could get advice on the server managing and
>> maitaining
>> a server environment ?

Montreal MCSA

Hi Gareth,

I passed the exam 70-290 last week. My study material consisted mainly of
experience and the Microsoft Press book which I quite liked.

Good luck and let us know how you do!

Mitch
--
MDG, MCSA

"Gareth C" wrote:

> Hi just wondering if i could get advice on the server managing and maitaining
> a server environment ?

The Rev [MCT]

Really?? I've found the QUE books have become basically useless over the
last few years.

--
..rev - mct.mcngp.44
..
"Mostly Gizzards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Setup 3 servers and get a good book. I've had good luck with QUE books.
| (ISBN 0789729350)
| Experience makes the test so much easier, so make sure and practice
practice
| practice.
|
| --
| Mostly Gizzards
|
| A+ Network+ MCSA
|

| "Gareth C" <Gareth (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > Hi just wondering if i could get advice on the server managing and
| > maitaining
| > a server environment ?

Mostly Gizzards

I got way more from the MS Press books than QUE.

--
Mostly Gizzards

A+ Network+ MCSA

"The Rev [MCT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O30rky$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Really?? I've found the QUE books have become basically useless over the
> last few years.
>
> --
> .rev - mct.mcngp.44
> .
> "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought
> without
> accepting it"
> ~Aristotle.
> .
> "Mostly Gizzards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Setup 3 servers and get a good book. I've had good luck with QUE books.
> | (ISBN 0789729350)
> | Experience makes the test so much easier, so make sure and practice
> practice
> | practice.
> |
> | --
> | Mostly Gizzards
> |
> | A+ Network+ MCSA
> |

> | "Gareth C" <Gareth (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | > Hi just wondering if i could get advice on the server managing and
> | > maitaining
> | > a server environment ?

GoodNightJones

Whats the pass mark these days? Around 700?
Im taking 70-290 next week. Any last minute advice?
cheers
GnJ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...