Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-291 again

70-291 again

Adam Clark

I am going to take my 70-291 again. Last time I missed by about 50 points. I
had the most trouble with DNS. I'm actually having a difficult time trying
to keep straight when to use Stub Zones, Secondary Zones, Delegation, and
Forwarders. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep these straight on the
test?

Also, any other suggestions? I have read the MS Press book... it was okay. I
am using the exam cram book as a supplement and the transcender to help me
get some good practice in. What else can I do?

thanks

Adam

FinalHokage

I am taking 70-291 tomorrow, I am using the syngress guide and I think is a
way more complete than the microsoft press. In any case good luck.

"Adam Clark" wrote:

> I am going to take my 70-291 again. Last time I missed by about 50 points. I
> had the most trouble with DNS. I'm actually having a difficult time trying
> to keep straight when to use Stub Zones, Secondary Zones, Delegation, and
> Forwarders. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep these straight on the
> test?
>
> Also, any other suggestions? I have read the MS Press book... it was okay. I
> am using the exam cram book as a supplement and the transcender to help me
> get some good practice in. What else can I do?
>
> thanks
>
> Adam

Adam Clark

I would like to know how that works out for you. Good Luck!

"FinalHokage" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am taking 70-291 tomorrow, I am using the syngress guide and I think is a
> way more complete than the microsoft press. In any case good luck.
>
> "Adam Clark" wrote:
>
>> I am going to take my 70-291 again. Last time I missed by about 50
>> points. I
>> had the most trouble with DNS. I'm actually having a difficult time
>> trying
>> to keep straight when to use Stub Zones, Secondary Zones, Delegation, and
>> Forwarders. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep these straight on
>> the
>> test?
>>
>> Also, any other suggestions? I have read the MS Press book... it was
>> okay. I
>> am using the exam cram book as a supplement and the transcender to help
>> me
>> get some good practice in. What else can I do?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Adam

Jeffrey W. Roach

Stub Zones are used by DNS zones who have delegated authority for a
subdomain and a secondary zone would cause to much traffic but still need to
be aware of down level zones. They are usually used with-in large
distributed DNS hierarchies, where opening up TCP 53 is not a problem.

Conditional Forwarders are used where firewalls become an issue and with
partner organizations. Conditioned Forwarders biggest drawback is they are
static where Stub zones are dynamic.

Secondaries are used when a Zone needs all records in the subdomain's zone
or used more often in disjointed namespaces.

Try these articles:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window...f660e1033.mspx

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...rver_2003.html

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...tub_Zones.html

http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window...f660e1033.mspx

--
Jeffrey W. Roach
MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCDST, MCTS:BDD, CTTS, CNA, N+, A+

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Again??? AGAIN???? NYC XYZ Firefox 4 04-23-2006 12:23 PM
HttpSession gets generated again and again!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!! che Java 2 10-10-2005 10:20 PM
Olympus digicam losing date/time settings again and again TommyC Digital Photography 7 05-31-2004 06:37 PM
jserve booting again and again amit Java 0 10-02-2003 04:26 PM
IMPORTANT! Changes to your Cable Internet Service (again & again) Charlie Computer Support 4 07-17-2003 01:18 AM

Advertisments