Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Test Question

Test Question

McKinley Morganfield

I seen the following test question. They said the answer was D. I
thought it it was B. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You are the desktop administrator for your company. The network consists
of a single Active Directory domain. All users have Windows XP
Professional computers, and all users store their data on file servers.
No company or user data is stored locally on client computers. Users
from the sales department have portable computers. When these users
travel, they must be able to use company data files even when they are
not connected to the network. Caching of offline files is enabled on all
shared folders on the file servers. Offline files are configured on all
computers used by employees of the sales department. Additionally, these
users select several folders to be made available offline. However,
sales department users report that when they are out of the office, the
offline files are no available to them. You need to ensure that the
offline files are available to the sales users, even when they are not
connected to the network. What should you do?
A. Grant the sales users Allow-Full Control permission on the shared
folders.
B. Change the caching options for the shared folder to allow automatic
caching of documents.
C. Add the servers containing the sales department files to the
Exception list on the offline files configuration.
D. In the Advanced properties for Offline Files, select the Notify me
and begin working offline check box on each of the sales department
client computer.

Julia B

That sounds wrong. I would have chosen B also. Was this on exam 70-270?

"McKinley Morganfield" wrote:

> I seen the following test question. They said the answer was D. I
> thought it it was B. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>

> You are the desktop administrator for your company. The network consists
> of a single Active Directory domain. All users have Windows XP
> Professional computers, and all users store their data on file servers.
> No company or user data is stored locally on client computers. Users
> from the sales department have portable computers. When these users
> travel, they must be able to use company data files even when they are
> not connected to the network. Caching of offline files is enabled on all
> shared folders on the file servers. Offline files are configured on all
> computers used by employees of the sales department. Additionally, these
> users select several folders to be made available offline. However,
> sales department users report that when they are out of the office, the
> offline files are no available to them. You need to ensure that the
> offline files are available to the sales users, even when they are not
> connected to the network. What should you do?
> A. Grant the sales users Allow-Full Control permission on the shared
> folders.
> B. Change the caching options for the shared folder to allow automatic
> caching of documents.
> C. Add the servers containing the sales department files to the
> Exception list on the offline files configuration.
> D. In the Advanced properties for Offline Files, select the Notify me
> and begin working offline check box on each of the sales department
> client computer.

McKinley Morganfield

Julia B wrote:
Yep 70-270
> That sounds wrong. I would have chosen B also. Was this on exam 70-270?
>

> "McKinley Morganfield" wrote:
>
>> I seen the following test question. They said the answer was D. I
>> thought it it was B. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>>

>> You are the desktop administrator for your company. The network consists
>> of a single Active Directory domain. All users have Windows XP
>> Professional computers, and all users store their data on file servers.
>> No company or user data is stored locally on client computers. Users
>> from the sales department have portable computers. When these users
>> travel, they must be able to use company data files even when they are
>> not connected to the network. Caching of offline files is enabled on all
>> shared folders on the file servers. Offline files are configured on all
>> computers used by employees of the sales department. Additionally, these
>> users select several folders to be made available offline. However,
>> sales department users report that when they are out of the office, the
>> offline files are no available to them. You need to ensure that the
>> offline files are available to the sales users, even when they are not
>> connected to the network. What should you do?
>> A. Grant the sales users Allow-Full Control permission on the shared
>> folders.
>> B. Change the caching options for the shared folder to allow automatic
>> caching of documents.
>> C. Add the servers containing the sales department files to the
>> Exception list on the offline files configuration.
>> D. In the Advanced properties for Offline Files, select the Notify me
>> and begin working offline check box on each of the sales department
>> client computer.

Vai

They could've expanded on the question a bit further or made it a bit clearer
in the configuration blurb.

Looking at D. this is correct if it hadn't been configured to start with.

The question does state that caching has been configured on the servers and
that the users select the folders to be made available offline.

Ques B. would sync all files that were previously opened by the user during
a connected session.

"McKinley Morganfield" wrote:

> Julia B wrote:
> Yep 70-270
> > That sounds wrong. I would have chosen B also. Was this on exam 70-270?
> >

> > "McKinley Morganfield" wrote:
> >
> >> I seen the following test question. They said the answer was D. I
> >> thought it it was B. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
> >>

> >> You are the desktop administrator for your company. The network consists
> >> of a single Active Directory domain. All users have Windows XP
> >> Professional computers, and all users store their data on file servers.
> >> No company or user data is stored locally on client computers. Users
> >> from the sales department have portable computers. When these users
> >> travel, they must be able to use company data files even when they are
> >> not connected to the network. Caching of offline files is enabled on all
> >> shared folders on the file servers. Offline files are configured on all
> >> computers used by employees of the sales department. Additionally, these
> >> users select several folders to be made available offline. However,
> >> sales department users report that when they are out of the office, the
> >> offline files are no available to them. You need to ensure that the
> >> offline files are available to the sales users, even when they are not
> >> connected to the network. What should you do?
> >> A. Grant the sales users Allow-Full Control permission on the shared
> >> folders.
> >> B. Change the caching options for the shared folder to allow automatic
> >> caching of documents.
> >> C. Add the servers containing the sales department files to the
> >> Exception list on the offline files configuration.
> >> D. In the Advanced properties for Offline Files, select the Notify me
> >> and begin working offline check box on each of the sales department
> >> client computer.

TBone

And on the eigth day McKinley Morganfield <(E-Mail Removed)> did cause the
electrons to come together and form the follwing words:

> I seen the following test question. They said the answer was D. I
> thought it it was B. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Any good pratice test would explain the reason behind their answer. Why do
they say the answer is D? Alternatively, who is the publisher. If you
really think they made a mistake, check their website for errata.

--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL