Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-271 vs. 70-270

70-271 vs. 70-270

Hi there,

I'm planning to take 70-270 to pursue MCSA. If anyone took both 70-271 and
70-270, can you tell me the difference such as difficulty and objectives?

Thanks in advance.

greensky

MCDST/MCP/A+

Andy Ruth [MSFT]

That depends on your perspective. The 70-271 exam is specifically targeted
at Windows XP from the perspective of a help desk technician or end user
support person. Most of the questions and objectives are targeted at
supporting a person when something doesn't work whether the user is working
in a domain environment or a workgroup environment. The 70-270 is targeted
at the Windows XP product, and I think is more technical depth than being
able to support a user.

So, if you know XP inside and out and how to configure and operate it at a
detail level, 270 is it. If you know XP more from using it, and can listen
to someone's problem and figure out how to fix it, then the 271 is it.

HTH,

Andy Ruth
Microsoft Learning

rights.