Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this question

70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this question

Tim Moor

dear mcsa-gurus,
i have read this question / answer in a preparation guide. do you agree with
the answer ??

thanx alot
tim

You are the network administrator for northwind.com.
On a windows Server 2003 computer named serverA, you use the backup program
automatically back up eight servers. You use a schedule task named AutoBack.
The task
runs in the security context of a domain account named NightBackup.
The Default Domain Policy Group Policy object (GPO) is configured with the
following
account policies settings:

1. Minimum password length: 8 characters
2. Password expiration: 30 days
3. Enforce password history: 12 passwords remembered
4. Account lockout threshold: 3 invalid logon attempts
5. Account lockout duration: 30 minutes

The backup program runs successfully for four weeks. After four weeks, you
notice that
nightly backups no longer occur. A successful backup occurs when you log on
the
serverA with your own user account and perform a local backup. Your user
account is
member of the Domain Admins group.
You want the AutoBack scheduled task to perform unattended backups every
night at
11:00 P.M.

Which two actions should you perform in orderto resume the nightly backups
by using the
AutoBack scheduled task? (Each correct answer presents part of the solution.
Choose two.)
A. Unlock the NightBackup user account.
B. Enable the NightBackup user account.
C. One the properties sheet for the AutoBack. Job scheduled task, reset the
password.
D. Reset the password for the NightBackup user account.
E. Configure the local security policy on serverA to grant the service
account the Logon
locally right.
F. Configure the local security policy on serverA to grant the service
account the Logon as a
service right.

Answer: C, D
Explanation: The question states that the backup program ran successfully
for four weeks,
which is more or less 30 days. Because of the password expiration being 30
days, the
passwords listed in C and D has to be reset.

T-Bone

"Tim Moor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> i have read this question / answer in a preparation guide. do you agree
> with the answer ??

Yes.

Although IRL, I wonder if the strategy used with allowing a service account
password to expire would really be best pratice.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

fmsmcse

As posted on MCSE comm.

I'd say: A and C.
D: by resetting a user pwd does not automatically unlock the account.

Add info: Normally we use to push the use of local accounts with NO EXP
setting set. But in some cases it's needed to access other resources on the
net, then that'd require a net account with the same setting set. Remember to
use the good pratice of least privilege.

"Tim Moor" wrote:

> dear mcsa-gurus,
> i have read this question / answer in a preparation guide. do you agree with
> the answer ??
>
> thanx alot
> tim
>
> You are the network administrator for northwind.com.
> On a windows Server 2003 computer named serverA, you use the backup program
> automatically back up eight servers. You use a schedule task named AutoBack.
> The task
> runs in the security context of a domain account named NightBackup.
> The Default Domain Policy Group Policy object (GPO) is configured with the
> following
> account policies settings:
>
> 1. Minimum password length: 8 characters
> 2. Password expiration: 30 days
> 3. Enforce password history: 12 passwords remembered
> 4. Account lockout threshold: 3 invalid logon attempts
> 5. Account lockout duration: 30 minutes
>
> The backup program runs successfully for four weeks. After four weeks, you
> notice that
> nightly backups no longer occur. A successful backup occurs when you log on
> the
> serverA with your own user account and perform a local backup. Your user
> account is
> member of the Domain Admins group.
> You want the AutoBack scheduled task to perform unattended backups every
> night at
> 11:00 P.M.
>
> Which two actions should you perform in orderto resume the nightly backups
> by using the
> AutoBack scheduled task? (Each correct answer presents part of the solution.
> Choose two.)
> A. Unlock the NightBackup user account.
> B. Enable the NightBackup user account.
> C. One the properties sheet for the AutoBack. Job scheduled task, reset the
> password.
> D. Reset the password for the NightBackup user account.
> E. Configure the local security policy on serverA to grant the service
> account the Logon
> locally right.
> F. Configure the local security policy on serverA to grant the service
> account the Logon as a
> service right.
>

> Answer: C, D
> Explanation: The question states that the backup program ran successfully
> for four weeks,
> which is more or less 30 days. Because of the password expiration being 30
> days, the
> passwords listed in C and D has to be reset.

Death from Above

You have officially embarrassed yourself. Did you miss this line or
something?

> 5. Account lockout duration: 30 minutes

Admit your ineptness immediately so that you might obtain forgiveness.

Death from Above

"fmsmcse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
>> B. Enable the NightBackup user account.
>> C. One the properties sheet for the AutoBack. Job scheduled task, reset
>> the
>> password.
>> D. Reset the password for the NightBackup user account.
>> E. Configure the local security policy on serverA to grant the service
>> account the Logon
>> locally right.
>> F. Configure the local security policy on serverA to grant the service
>> account the Logon as a
>> service right.
>>

>> Answer: C, D
>> Explanation: The question states that the backup program ran successfully
>> for four weeks,
>> which is more or less 30 days. Because of the password expiration being
>> 30
>> days, the
>> passwords listed in C and D has to be reset.

I would, if it mentioned that it had passed XXX minutes after the backup was
unsuccessful.

Then, I'd say I've just logged on to the server and don't tell me because
the backup is called nightbackup it runs at XXX at night and that you work
from 8am to 5pm. Com'on!!!

Death from Above

You embarrassment continues.

Haven't you taken a Microsoft exam? They don't spell it all out for you. A
lot of times the question may be a little ambiguous. You can think too much
and say well MAYBE it's 11:15pm when I'm doing all of this. When you start
thinking like that, you are going to get in trouble (and get it wrong like
you did). In this case though you have to ask yourself why did they tell me
the account lockout duration? Why did they tell me that the backup runs at
11pm and that it has been two days since it succeeded? They are pointing
you to the correct solution of C and D.

Back to special ed for ya...

Death from Above

"fmsmcse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would, if it mentioned that it had passed XXX minutes after the backup
>was
> unsuccessful.
>
> Then, I'd say I've just logged on to the server and don't tell me because
> the backup is called nightbackup it runs at XXX at night and that you work
> from 8am to 5pm. Com'on!!!

fmsmcse

É amigo, tenho que concordar com vc, sua aposta foi a melhor, no entanto, te
lanço uma outra aposta, que tal decifrar o que escrevi aqui?

Outro desafio é ser mais humilde. Humildade é tudo nesta vida, coisa que vc
não mostrou aqui nesta "ajuda" a outro amigo que primeiro postou esta
pergunta.

Abraços.

Death from Above

> Can you decipher this?

Booooring. What, are you trying to impress me or something?

>Another challenge...

Another challenge for you would be to come right out and admit you were
wrong in English. You're only embarrassing yourself more by not admitting
that you were incorrect.

Sie sind hlich und Ihre Mutter kleidet Sie lustig.

Death from Above

"fmsmcse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> amigo, tenho que concordar com vc, sua aposta foi a melhor, no entanto,
>te
> lano uma outra aposta, que tal decifrar o que escrevi aqui?
>
> Outro desafio ser mais humilde. Humildade tudo nesta vida, coisa que
> vc
> no mostrou aqui nesta "ajuda" a outro amigo que primeiro postou esta
> pergunta.
>
> Abraos.

fmsmcse

Hahahha, you are funny man!!!
Sure I will admit, just like I did in the last message, but who said it's
imperative that one should write in Eng here?? ehhe

"Yes friend, I have to agree with you, your answer is the best one,
therefore, here goes another bet, how about deciphering this???"

"Another challenge is to be more humble. To be humble is a gift in one's
life, that something you did not show here and did not try to help, instead,
you were and is it's being a show off, pointing out people's errors and like
saying "I'm the best f(*()*)&) the rest".

Frisbee

"fmsmcse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hahahha, you are funny man!!!
> Sure I will admit, just like I did in the last message, but who said it's
> imperative that one should write in Eng here?? ehhe
>
> "Yes friend, I have to agree with you, your answer is the best one,
> therefore, here goes another bet, how about deciphering this???"
>
> "Another challenge is to be more humble. To be humble is a gift in one's
> life, that something you did not show here and did not try to help,
> instead,
> you were and is it's being a show off, pointing out people's errors and
> like
> saying "I'm the best f(*()*)&) the rest".

So, basically, you're recommending him for membership in the MCNGP?

That probably beats a "thank you" anyway.