Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > CSVDE Command

CSVDE Command

dada

Hi,

I've run the csvde command line utility in Server 03 to import a csv file
from my server's c drive. I've tried it on two completely separate machines.
And am getting the same error, even after triple-checking the file syntax in
the CSV file. The message i get reads: The file name, directory name or
volume label syntax is incorrect.

Can anyone think of obvious or less obvious reasons i can't import. I'm
using csvde-i-fc:%filename%.csv on the command line.

Thanks
--
Dada

Marco

"dada" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I've run the csvde command line utility in Server 03 to import a csv file
> from my server's c drive. I've tried it on two completely separate
> machines.
> And am getting the same error, even after triple-checking the file syntax
> in
> the CSV file. The message i get reads: The file name, directory name or
> volume label syntax is incorrect.
>
> Can anyone think of obvious or less obvious reasons i can't import. I'm
> using csvde-i-fc:%filename%.csv on the command line.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Dada

You should save the file as "C:\USERS.CSV" .With the quote-signs!!! Save it
in C:\
The right command is: csvde -i -f C:\USERS.CSV
Because i wasn't quite sure if this was the right command i tried it on my
own server 2003 and it worked.
Watch the spaces between csvde and -i, between -i and -f and between -f and
C..
Good luck.

Marco

CSVDE Thorin MCSA 3 05-23-2008 11:51 PM
Importing user objects using CSVDE =?Utf-8?B?amF5YnJvd24=?= MCSE 1 01-31-2006 05:59 AM
CSVDE error Mike Reed MCSD 0 02-07-2004 05:06 PM
CSVDE error MikeReed MCSE 0 02-06-2004 11:48 PM
copying value of DDL in a Datagrid "pre-edit command" to value in "post edit command" San Diego Guy ASP .Net 0 08-07-2003 08:59 PM

Advertisments