Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Networking 2 Computers

Networking 2 Computers

=?Utf-8?B?R2hvc3RyaWRlcg==?=

I am having trouble trying to get my desktop and laptop to create a wireless
network between them. I have tried the setup wizard but to no avail. When i
click view workgroup computers it says i need to contact the sys admin.
ahhhhhh! plz help

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

And your operating sysems are? Is this direct PC to PC with a crossover
cable or is there 'something' in the middle... and if so, hub, switch or
router?
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Ghostrider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am having trouble trying to get my desktop and laptop to create a
>wireless
> network between them. I have tried the setup wizard but to no avail. When
> click view workgroup computers it says i need to contact the sys admin.
> ahhhhhh! plz help

=?Utf-8?B?U2VyZ2lv?=

I have got the same problem. Did you find a solution?

"Ghostrider" wrote:

> I am having trouble trying to get my desktop and laptop to create a wireless
> network between them. I have tried the setup wizard but to no avail. When i
> click view workgroup computers it says i need to contact the sys admin.
> ahhhhhh! plz help

Andrew C

I am also looking for a solution for this problem also. i have 3 computers
running all winxp. two conncected wireless and one connected wired, the
wired one and one of the wireless computers work well sharing files and
printers and viewing networked computers. but the one other wireless
computer says in my network places that

"the conncection to the workgroup is not avalible, you may not have access
privledges to this workgroup. contact the administrator of this network.

network path not found "

news:(E-Mail Removed)...