Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Win XP Pro Eval CD question...

Win XP Pro Eval CD question...

Chris

I bought the bundle package for the MCSA/MCSE Certifications that includes a
180-day eval of XP Pro. My question is, can this be upgraded to a full
retail version after the trial is over, or do I have to re-install XP Pro
with a store-bought version? I've got one computer running Server 2003 Eval
and would like to upgrade my leasure computer from 2000 Pro to XP Pro. But
only if the eval can be upgraded to a full version in 6 months.

T-Bone

"Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> I bought the bundle package for the MCSA/MCSE Certifications that includes

> 180-day eval of XP Pro. My question is, can this be upgraded to a full
> retail version after the trial is over, or do I have to re-install XP Pro
> with a store-bought version?

I wouuld recommend a full re(format)/re(install) for any product. Even if
you install the retail over the trial, it leaves little bits around that
will come back to bite you in the a** later.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Actually its only a 30 day trial
It's a self paced course, but you only have 30 days!
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I bought the bundle package for the MCSA/MCSE Certifications that includes
> 180-day eval of XP Pro. My question is, can this be upgraded to a full
> retail version after the trial is over, or do I have to re-install XP Pro
> with a store-bought version? I've got one computer running Server 2003
> Eval
> and would like to upgrade my leasure computer from 2000 Pro to XP Pro.
> But
> only if the eval can be upgraded to a full version in 6 months.

Tom Miller, certified optimist

I wonder if you can re-install it on a freshly reformated HD so you can
continue to practice with it?

Tom
--
see: www.chatnfiles.com for old dos or other ancient computer files. for web
dev try: www.w3schools.com

"Tom Miller, certified optimist" wrote:

> I wonder if you can re-install it on a freshly reformated HD so you can
> continue to practice with it?
>
> Tom
> --
> see: www.chatnfiles.com for old dos or other ancient computer files. for web
> dev try: www.w3schools.com
>

> "M" wrote:
>
> > Actually its only a 30 day trial
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;875453
> > It's a self paced course, but you only have 30 days!

I doubt you can re-install it seeing as how they make you activate it in 14
days (unless a crack is available). And what do you mean its only 30 days?
The documentation and install window both said 180-days??? Thats pretty
blatent false advertising if true.