Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Advice on which Microsoft course

Advice on which Microsoft course

Sean

Good Morning everyone,

I was due to go on a course MS2153 to help prepare myself for the 216
exam, subsequently the firm running the course has gone bust so
obviously that has gone down the tube. I have currently passed the
210,215 and 218 and aim to pass 216 soon (love the optimism!) to get my
MCSA 2000.

Instead of booking the same course again, I am thinking of going on the
2297 course (designed I believe for the MCSE upgrade 2000 -2003) after
I have completed the 2000 MCSA and then hopefully use this as a
launchpad towards the 292 upgrade exam.

Looking at a course contents for the 2297, I don't think any of the
content appears beyond my capabilities - I was wondering if there is
anything on it that might be deemed as a no go area for a mere MCSA
cert?

The other thing I have noticed is that the course seems to focus solely
on the server side of things - I would assume that the 292 upgrade exam
would have to have a fair bit of content relating to Windows XP as
well?

Any feedback, thoughts, advice or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Can't give advice on most of this, but the 292 exam (from my recollection of
21 months ago) does not cover Windows XP. The client portion of MCSA/MCSE
does not need to be upgraded from 2000 to 2003, as either 2000 Pro, or XP
Pro is a valid client for both tracks.

R. MCSE (NT, 2000, 2003: Security) / MCSA (2000, 2003: Security) / MCDBA

"Sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Good Morning everyone,
>
> I was due to go on a course MS2153 to help prepare myself for the 216
> exam, subsequently the firm running the course has gone bust so
> obviously that has gone down the tube. I have currently passed the
> 210,215 and 218 and aim to pass 216 soon (love the optimism!) to get my
> MCSA 2000.
>
> Instead of booking the same course again, I am thinking of going on the
> 2297 course (designed I believe for the MCSE upgrade 2000 -2003) after
> I have completed the 2000 MCSA and then hopefully use this as a
> launchpad towards the 292 upgrade exam.
>
> Looking at a course contents for the 2297, I don't think any of the
> content appears beyond my capabilities - I was wondering if there is
> anything on it that might be deemed as a no go area for a mere MCSA
> cert?
>
> The other thing I have noticed is that the course seems to focus solely
> on the server side of things - I would assume that the 292 upgrade exam
> would have to have a fair bit of content relating to Windows XP as
> well?
>
> Any feedback, thoughts, advice or guidance will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

charles.cassels@gmail.com

If you contact Microsoft via the MCP Site...
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpmembersite.asp ... they will
be able to give you the best advice on the direction you need to go in
to achieve your goals. I asked virtually the same question last Fall.
Good luck.

Sean

Thanks for the feedback.

Am going to attack the 216 and let whatever happens after that take
care of itself!

Cheers