Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-292 Microsoft Book - Wrong Answers?

70-292 Microsoft Book - Wrong Answers?

iliketo.sh@gmail.com

I've just been reading through the questions in the microsoft study guide for
70-292 and wanted to confirm whether a questions answer was correct or not as
i don't think it is!

You discover that an administrator has adjusted the default TTL value for
your company’s primary DNS zone to 5 minutes. Which of the following is the
most likely effect of this change?
a. Resource records cached on the primary DNS server expire after 5 minutes.
b. DNS clients have to query the server more frequently to resolve names for
which the server is authoritative.
c. Secondary servers initiate a zone transfer every 5 minutes.
d. DNS hosts reregister their records more frequently.

Microsoft's answer was 'B' but i don't see how as the default TTL Value does
not apply for authoritative zones. My answer would be 'A'. Could anyone shed
some light on which is correct?

Marius Vermeulen

Microsoft answer is correct according to me. The TTL value is used to tell
how long others can cache your data.

For example my ttl is 10 minutes, you query me and et an address. This
address is labeled to expire after 10 minutes in your cache.

Hope this helps
Regards
Marius
"(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...