Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Cert tracks

Cert tracks

AmyAmandaAllen

Hi,

Since I finally decided to get on with certs I am now probably going to go
the MCSA track. Couple of questions that I would like some comments on please.

should I go or 2000 or standard 2003 core exams? With a newborn I probably
want the easiest one. ( may sort the other one later ) Is their much
difference in how hard they are/revision needed? We have both 2000 and 2003
in work so can play on both.

Is the exam question based or simulation?

If I just decide to go for an MCP to start with ( to get the ball rolling in
this area ) which one is likely to be easier to obtain?

Can anyone recommend any good training material/books/test engines please?

I already passed the MCDST and am going to sit the 270 so its whats after Im
interested in.

BTW anyone know if 2000 will be retired soon as that will make the rest of
the questions redundant.

Cheers

AAA

MiniMe

I've gone the 2000 route & am nearly there. The main reason below:

Microsoft exams are version based, therefore, you can upgrade from 2000 by
only sitting 1 extra exam 70-292 and be both MCSA 2000 & 2003 certified,
opening up the job market. I don't think it’s that easy to get 2000 once
you've got 2003. Also, if you go the 2000 route you can always upgrade later
when you need to, I don't think companies mind at the mo.

As for exam questions they are mainly multiple choice with some simulation
involved and are generally scenario based.

Recommend: Transender test engine, Exam Cram 2 & Sybex books and as many
braindumps as you can stand. I don't think they are retiring 2000 for some
time.

I hope this helps

Good luck!

--
Spend time to know yourself, this may take longer then you think!

"AmyAmandaAllen" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since I finally decided to get on with certs I am now probably going to go
> the MCSA track. Couple of questions that I would like some comments on please.
>
> should I go or 2000 or standard 2003 core exams? With a newborn I probably
> want the easiest one. ( may sort the other one later ) Is their much
> difference in how hard they are/revision needed? We have both 2000 and 2003
> in work so can play on both.
>
> Is the exam question based or simulation?
>
> If I just decide to go for an MCP to start with ( to get the ball rolling in
> this area ) which one is likely to be easier to obtain?
>
> Can anyone recommend any good training material/books/test engines please?
>
> I already passed the MCDST and am going to sit the 270 so its whats after Im
> interested in.
>
> BTW anyone know if 2000 will be retired soon as that will make the rest of
> the questions redundant.
>
> Cheers
>
> AAA

James

braindumps are cheating, asshat

"MiniMe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've gone the 2000 route & am nearly there. The main reason below:
>
> Microsoft exams are version based, therefore, you can upgrade from 2000 by
> only sitting 1 extra exam 70-292 and be both MCSA 2000 & 2003 certified,
> opening up the job market. I don't think it's that easy to get 2000 once
> you've got 2003. Also, if you go the 2000 route you can always upgrade
> later
> when you need to, I don't think companies mind at the mo.
>
> As for exam questions they are mainly multiple choice with some simulation
> involved and are generally scenario based.
>
> Recommend: Transender test engine, Exam Cram 2 & Sybex books and as many
> braindumps as you can stand. I don't think they are retiring 2000 for
> some
> time.
>
> I hope this helps
>
> Good luck!
>

> --
> Spend time to know yourself, this may take longer then you think!
>

> "AmyAmandaAllen" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since I finally decided to get on with certs I am now probably going to
>> go
>> the MCSA track. Couple of questions that I would like some comments on
>> please.
>>
>> should I go or 2000 or standard 2003 core exams? With a newborn I
>> probably
>> want the easiest one. ( may sort the other one later ) Is their much
>> difference in how hard they are/revision needed? We have both 2000 and
>> 2003
>> in work so can play on both.
>>
>> Is the exam question based or simulation?
>>
>> If I just decide to go for an MCP to start with ( to get the ball rolling
>> in
>> this area ) which one is likely to be easier to obtain?
>>
>> Can anyone recommend any good training material/books/test engines
>> please?
>>
>> I already passed the MCDST and am going to sit the 270 so its whats after
>> Im
>> interested in.
>>
>> BTW anyone know if 2000 will be retired soon as that will make the rest
>> of
>> the questions redundant.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> AAA

Leonid S. Knyshov

"AmyAmandaAllen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Since I finally decided to get on with certs I am now probably going to go
> the MCSA track. Couple of questions that I would like some comments on
> please.
>
> should I go or 2000 or standard 2003 core exams? With a newborn I probably
> want the easiest one. ( may sort the other one later ) Is their much
> difference in how hard they are/revision needed? We have both 2000 and
> 2003
> in work so can play on both.

Speaking as someone in a hiring position, a resume from someone with 2003 or
2000 will be given similar consideration. Now before flame fests begin and
this becomes a cert vs. experience thread, they are pluses, not
requirements. With that said, however, there were quite a few changes since
2000 and the majority of our new customers will be moved to 2003. Those who
have the 2003 cert, which builds on top of 2000, will likely already have
the necessary knowledge for the 2000 environment. The extra 2000-level cert
on top of 2003-level won't matter much in my eyes since the environment is
very similar, although a Exchange 5.5 and NT4 Server MCP will defnitely
attract my interest due to the nature of our work having to do with
migrations. The one exception would be the 2000-level MCP certs that's are
addition to 2003-level certs.

Note that we are all different and some other hiring managers may consider
that extra 2000-level cert a plus. As you can see, I only have 2
2003-level certs from Microsoft and that's fine for me on top of 11 years of
working with this stuff. My specialization is Messaging and I'll probably
complete it in the next couple of months.
--
Leonid S. Knyshov
Crashproof Solutions, LLC - http://www.crashproofsolutions.com

AmyAmandaAllen

Thanks for your ideas

Think with my time Im going to go 2000 70-291 first as Ive done the MOC
already.

With regards to braindumps - They have there places for some people Im sure
but their not much use when facing a real life problem in a new job !!!

"Leonid S. Knyshov" wrote:

> "AmyAmandaAllen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since I finally decided to get on with certs I am now probably going to go
> > the MCSA track. Couple of questions that I would like some comments on
> > please.
> >
> > should I go or 2000 or standard 2003 core exams? With a newborn I probably
> > want the easiest one. ( may sort the other one later ) Is their much
> > difference in how hard they are/revision needed? We have both 2000 and
> > 2003
> > in work so can play on both.

> Speaking as someone in a hiring position, a resume from someone with 2003 or
> 2000 will be given similar consideration. Now before flame fests begin and
> this becomes a cert vs. experience thread, they are pluses, not
> requirements. With that said, however, there were quite a few changes since
> 2000 and the majority of our new customers will be moved to 2003. Those who
> have the 2003 cert, which builds on top of 2000, will likely already have
> the necessary knowledge for the 2000 environment. The extra 2000-level cert
> on top of 2003-level won't matter much in my eyes since the environment is
> very similar, although a Exchange 5.5 and NT4 Server MCP will defnitely
> attract my interest due to the nature of our work having to do with
> migrations. The one exception would be the 2000-level MCP certs that's are
> addition to 2003-level certs.
>
> Note that we are all different and some other hiring managers may consider
> that extra 2000-level cert a plus. As you can see, I only have 2
> 2003-level certs from Microsoft and that's fine for me on top of 11 years of
> working with this stuff. My specialization is Messaging and I'll probably
> complete it in the next couple of months.
> --
> Leonid S. Knyshov
> Crashproof Solutions, LLC - http://www.crashproofsolutions.com
> MCP Exchange 2003/Small Business Server 2003, CCNA, SCSA 8

MiniMe

I don't think braindumps are cheating .. they are just questions! they are
never the same as on the exam but they give you the advantage of
understanding the level of requirements involved .. exactly the same as any
book that comes with practice exams! or Transender .. get over yourself ...
you can have something free sometimes you know!

--

"James" wrote:

> braindumps are cheating, asshat
>
> "MiniMe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've gone the 2000 route & am nearly there. The main reason below:
> >
> > Microsoft exams are version based, therefore, you can upgrade from 2000 by
> > only sitting 1 extra exam 70-292 and be both MCSA 2000 & 2003 certified,
> > opening up the job market. I don't think it's that easy to get 2000 once
> > you've got 2003. Also, if you go the 2000 route you can always upgrade
> > later
> > when you need to, I don't think companies mind at the mo.
> >
> > As for exam questions they are mainly multiple choice with some simulation
> > involved and are generally scenario based.
> >
> > Recommend: Transender test engine, Exam Cram 2 & Sybex books and as many
> > braindumps as you can stand. I don't think they are retiring 2000 for
> > some
> > time.
> >
> > I hope this helps
> >
> > Good luck!
> >

> > --
> > Spend time to know yourself, this may take longer then you think!
> >

> > "AmyAmandaAllen" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Since I finally decided to get on with certs I am now probably going to
> >> go
> >> the MCSA track. Couple of questions that I would like some comments on
> >> please.
> >>
> >> should I go or 2000 or standard 2003 core exams? With a newborn I
> >> probably
> >> want the easiest one. ( may sort the other one later ) Is their much
> >> difference in how hard they are/revision needed? We have both 2000 and
> >> 2003
> >> in work so can play on both.
> >>
> >> Is the exam question based or simulation?
> >>
> >> If I just decide to go for an MCP to start with ( to get the ball rolling
> >> in
> >> this area ) which one is likely to be easier to obtain?
> >>
> >> Can anyone recommend any good training material/books/test engines
> >> please?
> >>
> >> I already passed the MCDST and am going to sit the 270 so its whats after
> >> Im
> >> interested in.
> >>
> >> BTW anyone know if 2000 will be retired soon as that will make the rest
> >> of
> >> the questions redundant.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> AAA

Leonid S. Knyshov

"AmyAmandaAllen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for your ideas
>
> With regards to braindumps - They have there places for some people Im
> sure
> but their not much use when facing a real life problem in a new job !!!

This is to clarify that my initial response did not mention anything
concerning the subject of breaking the NDA. I do not recommend nor do I
condone anything that violates the NDA.
--
Leonid S. Knyshov
Crashproof Solutions, LLC - http://www.crashproofsolutions.com
MCP Exchange 2003/Small Business Server 2003, CCNA, SCSA 8

MitchS

You are wrong. Braindumps are cheating and viewed by MS as such.
Braindumps do contain actual test questions from previous test takers. As
for your second point, "you can have something free sometimes you know!"
you are also wrong. TINSTAFL is a fundamental concept in finance. Somebody
pays, and if it is not you then you should look closely at why not.

--
Mitch S.
MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA