Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > are the MS press publications enough?

are the MS press publications enough?

michael_quinlivan@hotmail.com

Hi all

My first ever MCP exam is in about a weeks time. I have thourougly
studied the 70-270 exam training book published by Microsoft. The book
seems to cover all the exam objectives, but is it enough? My question
is, does this book cover all the questions on the exam? That is,
assuming I have memorized the book, I should be able to answer any
question on the exam? If not, what else should I study.

cheers
MQ

shalom nehaisi , mct

hi
it is not enough! , you need a hands on practice working on the system so
you will know how every thing works becuse there are simulations on the exam.

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> My first ever MCP exam is in about a weeks time. I have thourougly
> studied the 70-270 exam training book published by Microsoft. The book
> seems to cover all the exam objectives, but is it enough? My question
> is, does this book cover all the questions on the exam? That is,
> assuming I have memorized the book, I should be able to answer any
> question on the exam? If not, what else should I study.
>
> cheers
> MQ

michael_quinlivan@hotmail.com

yes I have practised all of the stuff in the book plus more in my work
as a computer technician, but is there practices or other knowledge
that is *not* covered in the book.

I guess what I am asking is how do I know that there are not other
things/techniques that exist that are tested, if the book does not
cover all of them.

I am using the exam prep objectives as a guide, and the book seems to
cover them. However, it does not cover some objectives at depth. For
example, I have been reading the Windows XP resource kit documentation
and have learnt things that are not present in the book. In other
words, should I be reading and practising stuff that is not present in
the book? How do I know that I am not wasting my time learning
obscurities?

shalom nehaisi , mct

the only thing you need to do now is test simolation, you have one on the
student disk in the book and you can get transcender here
http://www.transcender.com/default.aspx